Your CV is often the first thing an employer will read about you.
It is important to give it the time and attention it deserves.Tools
Download our CV Toolkit (.PDF) to start writing your CV.
Download our CV Toolkit (.PDF) in Welsh
This gives you an introduction into the types of CV you can create and the sections you might want to include.
You can also complete our CV e-Module to help you get started.
Here are some of our top tips to remember:
- There is no 'one best way' to write your CV: your CV should be unique to you.
- Your CV should be no more than two pages.
- Aim for a font size no smaller than 11pt and keep your font style consistent throughout.
- Tailor your CV towards the role and company you are applying. Show that you have conducted research and you match their requirements.
- Consider writing your CV in the third person for a professional touch (avoid "I", "me", "we", etc.)
- Highlight relevant experience and transferable skills, proving your suitability for the role.
- Always provide examples to back up your statements.
- Think about using bullet points to make it easier for an employer to read and keep it concise.
- Proof read when you have finished to check for spelling and grammatical errors.