School of Health Sciences CareerFest 2017
Science & Health Fair 2017
Monday 13th March 2017
11.00am - 2.00pm
Atrium and Hospitality Suite, School of Management, Llandaff Campus
The Careers Service at Cardiff Metropolitan University is working with the School of Health Sciences to bring you a new careers fair tailored primarily towards the departments of Biomedical Sciences and Food & Healthcare.
The event is free to attend, open to all students of all years and whilst the employers may be tailored towards these departments, we welcome all students to come along and explore the range of opportunities available.
Why should I attend?
Careers fairs can help you:
- gain a greater understanding of sectors/industries that you may be interested in working for
- enhance your employability skills by gaining valuable work experience
- enable you to make informed module choices and decide on a career path to suit you
- start to build networks with organisations that may be useful to you in the future
- find your dream graduate job in your chosen industry
Who will be attending?
There will be a wide variety of organisations at the event to cater for a range of career ambitions specific to the departments of Biomedical Sciences and Food & Healthcare.
(Top tip: do your research – the more you know about the organisation, the more you'll be able to talk to their representatives)
Check back here soon for a list of attendees.
What do I need to do before attending?
- Familiarise yourself with what employers are attending and write down the ones that interest you
- Do your research on the company so that you'll be able to talk knowledgeably about them on the day and impress the recruiters, meaning you are much more likely to be offered a role!
- Get your CV and LinkedIn profile ready – the employer may want to see what skills and experience you have so may ask for a CV or may want to know your LinkedIn address.
- Confirm your place by booking onto the event via CareerHub
The Careers Service is here to help you get the best out of this event. You can talk to us on the day or book an appointment if you need help with your work experience application by using the "Appointments" tab on CareerHub; www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/careerhub