Social & Health Care Volunteering Fair 2017
Are you in the Cardiff School of Health Sciences and interested in volunteering opportunities? If the answer is yes, the Social & Health Care Volunteering Fair is right up your street.
The Careers Service has been busy working with the School to bring you a tailored event that aims to provide a range of organisations who are currently offering volunteering opportunities within the Social and Health Care sectors.
This event is completely free to attend and although it caters towards students within the School of Health Sciences, all students are welcome on the day.
Why should I attend the fair?
Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things you can do. Not only is it great for your confidence and self-esteem, it also looks great on your CV and could help you bag a job in the future.
Here are some other reasons why you should attend:
- Expand your personal and professional networks
- Learn new skills and apply the ones you have
- Identify your future career goals by understanding what it's like to work in an industry
- Enhance your employability by gaining valuable work experience
- Make informed module choices based on the experience
Who will be attending?
There will be a variety of organisations on the day to accommodate a broad spectrum of students.
We will be updating the list of attendees regularly on CareerHub – so keep checking back for an up-to-date list. Alternatively, visit this page nearer the time for an online event programme.
How to make the most of the fair
- Register online – Sign up for the event on CareerHub and receive event updates.
- Browse the exhibitors – Check back here for a final list of attendee's closer to the event and select the organisations that interest you.
- Impress exhibitors with your research - Take some time to research the organisations that particularly interest you and prepare some questions.
- Get your CV and LinkedIn profile ready – The exhibitor may want to see what skills and experience you have and may ask for a CV or LinkedIn address.
- Present yourself – Smile and be confident when you introduce yourself to exhibitors. It helps to have a mini 'pitch' about yourself so you feel prepared.
- Make notes – Taking a notepad always looks good but using it looks even better! Record names and contact details so you can follow up if necessary.
The Careers Service is here to ensure you make the most out of this event. If you have any questions about the day or would like to speak to someone about how best to prepare, pop into the Careers Service on either campus where a member of the team will be available to help.