Our vacancy database - MetHub
Current students and graduates can browse graduate, internship, vacation work and part-time jobs on MetHub.
Log into MetHub
Find out what the common job titles are for your area of interest, which companies are hiring and where the jobs are based.
Graduate schemes / jobs
Graduate schemes are mainly offered by large employers, take place over a set period of time following a structured development programme and can offer a great salary and benefits package.
They tend to be extremely competitive to get a place.
Graduate jobs represent graduate level work, often in smaller businesses, that is more hands on and can offer greater flexibility in your development.
These can be just as competitive as graduate schemes, but often are not publicised as widely.
The hidden job market
Millions of jobs every year are filled without even being advertised. Many managers prefer to hire within the company, through staff referrals or by networking.
To tap into this market:
- get networking - use LinkedIn for students to get started
- sign up to Google News alerts - get the latest information about an employer
- attend a conference or networking event - make new contacts and ask about opportunities
- internal vacancies - if you are already working, see what other departments have to offer
- contact employers directly - get in touch and apply speculatively.
This is where you send an application directly to an employer when they may not have a vacancy advertised.
Send your CV with a covering letter, explaining why you are writing, what you can offer and why you are interested in working for the company.