Finding work experience
- Visit CareerHub. We advertise paid internship and work experience opportunities by employers who are looking for Cardiff Met students.
- Check out Prospects internships and TARGETjobs internships to find out more about what is available and to apply to some large, formal internship schemes.
- Apply for work experience directly. An internship or work experience does not need to be done with a large employer. Many smaller employers welcome students and graduates for work experience, which is just as valuable to you.
Look at joining the GO Wales: Achieve through work experience programme. This provides additional support to students in Wales who face barriers in securing work experience.
- Speak to the company first to see if offer work experience so they can expect your CV.
- Use company directories to find potential employers. LinkedIn has a good search tool to get started.
If you are interested in doing a work placement as part of your course, speak to your School's placements team for assistance.
The Santander Internship Programme provides Cardiff Met students or recent graduates paid-for work experience within an SME for up to 10 weeks full time. Part time options are available, working patterns are decided between the student and the company.
Further information and support
We are here to help if you get stuck or need a member of staff to provide some impartial feedback. Here's how you can get support from us:
- Book an appointment with a member of staff. They can talk through your job search strategy, help you research the job market and find work experience that suits you.
- Ask a question on CareerHub. Ideal for students and graduates who cannot get to an appointment in person. We aim to respond within three working days.