Panopto ReView is a content capture system currently being rolled-out across both Cardiff Met campuses, allowing staff to record material either in class, or on their laptop/PC. Students can then access recorded material on-demand - enhancing their experience of studying at Cardiff Met.
The system is very simple and straightforward for staff to use, and offers students the ability to navigate around recordings to easily find the content they need.
- Students can revisit learning - for revision, and to facilitate repeated viewing of complex content
- Provides support for students whose first language is not English - allowing them to digest content at their own pace
- Learning can be delivered to geographically diverse students. ReView facilitates access by TNE students across the globe
- Students with a disability can utilise lecture recordings to assist them accessing learning content
- Supports 'Flipped' approaches - where core lecture content is delivered via ReView, freeing up contact time for further development & reinforcement
- ReView facilitates detailed note-taking subsequent to the lecture
- Offers greater flexibility & a more student-centered approach - students can manage their time most effectively around other commitments
- For staff, ReView offers an opportunity for training/development, reflective practice, collaboration and sharing of recordings
Cardiff Met is running a three-year project to roll out Panopto ReView across the University, and we're currently entering Phase 2 of the project. This involves equipping a further 28 pool teaching spaces (offering a total of 60 ReView-ready rooms) across the University with a webcam and microphone to facilitate capture using the Panopto recording software. The installations are intentionally basic, to allow simple capture with minimum disruption to the teaching environment. Staff can also record on their PC/laptop - allowing them to quickly and easily create digital learning content.
ReView is an opt-in system, so staff are not required to record their teaching sessions. It's a tool to be used where appropriate and of value to both staff and students.
What to do if you're interested:
If you're interested in finding out more about ReView, please contact email@example.com to discuss your ideas
Get inspired! see how others are using Panopto: www.panopto.com/showcase