Clean Sport at Cardiff Met
Our Clean Sport Commitment
All sporting participants have the right to compete in doping-free sport (Clean Sport).
Cardiff Met is committed to supporting the UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) and World Anti-Doping (WADA) position that cheating, including doping, in sport is contrary to the spirit of competition.
Cardiff Met is committed to:
- Supporting the mission of UKAD and WADA
- Providing UKAD endorsed education and advice to all our athletes and coaches
- An expectation that all athletes, coaches and support personnel conduct themselves in line with the expectations of the UKAD 100% ME programme
- Working with National Governing Bodies of sport in support of the mission of UKAD and WADA and the prevention of doping in sport.
- Not condoning, assisting or in any way supporting the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in any aspects of their work.
- Ensuring that any breaches in the Sport Code of Conduct will be referred to the appropriate internal or external agency
- Reporting, in confidence, any incident that staff are made aware of that directly relates to CardiffMet Sport and the use of prohibited substances to the UKAD Doping in Sport hotline.
- Upholding any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UKAD or other appropriate bodies in accordance with the WADA code.