Leon Greenwood (Sport & PE)
Hannah Russell (Sport Coaching)
Cherrie Tucknott (Sport Coaching)
Chris Courtney (Sport Coaching)
Adam Dove (Sport Coaching)
Phil George (Sport Coaching)
Chloe James (Sport and Exercise Science)
Kate Summerfield (Sport Management)
James Hodkinson (Sport Coaching)
Abbie O'Flynn (Sport Coaching)
What is the Coaching Academy?
The Coaching Academy is a 2 year programme for promising sports coaches who will receive a thorough package of training, development, and mentoring.
What is included?
- Coaching Academy branded kit
- Opportunity for paid coaching employment
- Coaching experiences in a variety of different environments
- Formal training to include:
- Higher Sports Leadership Award (QCF) Level 3
- Regular CPD workshops
- Level 2 NGB coaching award (or equivalent)
- Mentoring support
What is expected of academy members?
- In return academy members will be expected to commit to the following:
- An average of 4 hours of delivery each week* (majority will be paid coaching hours)
- Delivering on average 25 hours of coaching each year on a voluntary basis
- Delivering in different environments, including:
- Cardiff Met Sport Junior Sports Academies
- Sport Cardiff community programmes
- AU Sports sessions
- Attendance at the training courses and workshops provided
- Personal development
*Subject to the ability of the coach
Who can apply?
Anyone studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University can apply as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Holder of UKCC Level 1 or equivalent coaching qualification
- Experience of coaching children and young people
- 2 years of study left at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Willing and able to travel to different parts of Cardiff
To apply, please complete an application form referencing how you meet the person specification for the role and send to email@example.com
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com