Cardiff Met's e-mentoring service
- Are you a current student or recent graduate looking for a career mentor?
- Are you looking for advice on what to do next?
- Would you like to widen your network?
- Are you seeking out new opportunities?
- Would you like more information about a particular industry?
- Are you a Cardiff Metropolitan University graduate who would like to offer a helping hand to a student or recent graduate?
- Are you considering a career change or maybe going back into education?
- Cardiff Metropolitan University believes that there is no stronger network than the network forged at Cardiff Met or any of the founding institutions. Through this online mentoring platform, Cardiff Metropolitan alumni and students will be able to really get the most out of this network and expand their opportunities.
The cardiffmet.aluminate.net service is open to all current students and Cardiff Met alumni only.
To register and to start building your network click below :
Start building your network!
A Cardiff Met mentor will need to be willing to share skills, knowledge, and their expertise. Demonstrate a positive attitude and act as a positive role model. Provide guidance and constructive feedback. Value the opinions and initiatives of others. Be able to motivate others by setting a good example. By becoming a Cardiff Met alumni mentor you will provide support, job search advice and career guidance for current Cardiff Met students and graduates.
A Cardiff Met Mentee will be able to build on their network and expand their horizons. You will be eager to learn, open to taking advice. By joining Cardiff Met's e-mentoring scheme the mentee will gain insights and connections that can help to develop them professionally and in some cases, personally. The mentee will come prepared with questions and engage with the mentors' suggestions and advice.
Benefits for the mentee
- Provides impartial advice and encouragement
- Develops a supportive relationship
- Identifies goals and establishes a sense of direction
- Increases your social and academic confidence
- Offers professional development
- Develops strategies for dealing with both personal and academic issues
- Develops your communication, study and personal skills
- Support from an experienced professional
Benefits for the mentor
- Opportunity to reflect on own practice
- Enhances job satisfaction
- Satisfaction that you have given a student or recent graduate increased knowledge, skills and experience in attaining their career goals
- Reinforces your own study skills and knowledge of your subject(s)
- Develops professional relationships
- Enhances peer recognition
- Gain recognition for your skills and experience
- It provides personal satisfaction through supporting the development of others
If you would like more information, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org