Course Length: 20 hours; 2 hours a week for 10 weeks
Entry Requirements: None. Open to all levels.
How to make the most of your digital camera.
Exploring the range of techniques that can be used both in the studio and out of doors.
The aim of this series of workshops is to make us better photographers
through understanding the limitations of our cameras and by a practical
and theoretical introduction to documentary photography and ‘Art’
photography. There will be a strong emphasis on light, and the effective
use of your digital camera.
The course will cover:-
• The links between traditional Film and Digital photography
• How to use, with confidence, the traditional functions of your camera
• Effective and creative lighting
• Framing and composition
• Selective focus
• Understanding the creative use of colour
• How to edit and evaluate your images
• The effective use of image manipulation software
• Printing and getting the most from your home printer
By the end of the course you will be a more confident photographer
able to pre-visualise your images and have started to develop your own
Programme Leader: Thomas Bartlett
Other courses that may be of interest: Art and Photography; Adobe Photoshop
Please see current course dates at www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/coas or call 029 2041 6628