– Current and ongoing projects include working towards a one-person exhibition at Denise Yapp Fine Art displaying new work, including solar plate etchings, drawings and new paintings.
– the further development of a series of botanically-based silver-point drawings, recently exhibited in ‘Artemesia’, St Davids Hall, Cardiff.
– Paintings and drawings on exhibition and tour in Rajasthan, India; dates for 2011 including Chandigarh University and The British Council Queens Gallery, Delhi.
– in collaboration with Karin Hiscock, art historian, we have been invited to respond to, and curate work from the Herbarium at the department of Natural Sciences in the National Museum of Wales.
– to collaborate with the National Museum of Wales Print and Drawing Room and the education department in the production of a series of short films, describing the process and method of Etching, lithography and other print processes that are included in the department.
– to collaborate with the textiles department at Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC) in the exploration of large format digital printmaking on paper and a variety of fabrics.
– The exhibition of ‘Vario’ a joint Wales, Australia and Hawaiian Print portfolio at ‘Impact 7’, Printmaking Conference, Brisbane.
56 Group Wales Llantarnam Grange, Cwmbran
Open Books, Canberra, University of New South Wales, Australia.
Open Books, Logan Regional Art Gallery, Queensland, Australia.
Hui Gallery, Chinese University of Hong Kong. Sha Tin.
Denise Yapp Contemporary Fine Art, Monmouth.
The Albany Gallery, Cardiff.
Parc y Ffyn, Bettws y Coed
PENDING: Hui Gallery, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
‘Portfolio’ Howard Gardens Gallery Cardiff.
56/56 Newport Museum and Art Gallery, Newport.
Sue Hunt, Annie Giles Hobbs, new work at the Pierhead building, Welsh Assembly, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff.
DRAWN Royal West of England Acadamy, Bristol.
‘Open Books’ Bay Art Gallery” Cardiff.
‘Drawing in between’ University of Wales, Cardiff. A contemporary examination of contemporary drawing.
Sue Hunt New Paintings and Silverpoints and Prints, Parc y Ffyn , North Wales.
Open Books, in Sanshang Gallery, Hangzhou, China. touring exhibition of Chinese Folding Books.
Open books, touring exhibition, National Library, Aberystwyth.
Monsterous Regiment of Women, International Womens Day, Cynon Valley Gallery.
Sue Hunt at the Sennedd Gallery, National Assembly Buildings. Cardiff.
Marking 56 years, 56 Group Wales, Bay Art Gallery, Cardiff
Sue Hunt, Liam O Conner, Andy Short, New Paintings, Kooywood Gallery, Cardiff.
PRINT Invited Artist St Davids Hall , Cardiff.
‘Cardiff Contemporary’, St Davids Hall, Cardiff.
56 Group at the Y Tabernacle , Machynthleth,
A Taste of the Avant Guard 56 years of 56 Group and book launch, National Museum of Wales, Cardiff.
Open Books, The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Open Books at the UWEA Gallery and Library, Bristol.
Artemisia, Group exhibition, St David’s Hall, Cardiff.
Wales – Rajasthan exhibition, Jawah Kala Kendra, Jaipur.India.
Wales Rajasthan exchange exhibition Howard Gdns Gallery, Cardiff.
One-person exhibition of New Work Denise Yapp Fine Art, Monmouth.
Curated exhibitions (since 2012)
‘Mothers for Africa exhibition’ in aid of the Mothers for Africa Charity.
‘Butetown History and Art Gallery’ in conjunction with Cardiff Metropolitan University Students
Mothers for Africa / Cardiff School of Art and Design, Cardiff Metropolitan University; The Senedd National Assembly for Wales Buildings
Mothers for Africa / Cardiff school of Art and Design; ‘The Pierhead Building’ National Assembly for Wales, showing student work from Cardiff Metropolitan University
‘Open Book’s, a touring exhibition, curated for Sanshang Gallery,Hangzhou, China.
Exhibition of curated solograms in Chongwe District Hospital, Zambia. Work made by the village of Shyiala, Zambia.
Cultural Exchanges / Research / Awards since 2012
2012 Visit to the Royal collection at Windsor Castle to research silverpoint techniques and to view Leonardo da Vinci drawings in discussion with Mr Alan Donnithorne curator of the Queens drawing collection.
2013 / 2014
ZAMBIA. Joint Community art mural and collaboration with University of Wales Hospital, Cardiff and Shiyala Village, Chongwe, Zambia. Funded by Africa/Wales development fund and Mothers for Africa Charity.
CHINA . Joint curator in ‘Open Books Plus’, Sanshang Art Gallery, Hangzhou, China. Funded by Wales Arts International. Including 60 invited artists from China.
Open Books, Decanter Ink exhibition, Samshang Museum, Hangzhou. China.Supported by the ACW.
Open Books, Logan regional Gallery, Queensland, Australia.
University of South Wales, Canberra, Australia.
Hui Gallery, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Return visit to Zambia, facilitating a workshop and installation of art works in the local hospital in Chongwe
Private collections and Nationally and Internationally
Welsh Contemporary Arts Society, Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend
‘Paintings for Hospitals’, Royal Gwent Hospital
Brandywine Printworkshop, Philadelphia,
Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre
Newport Museum and Art Gallery
Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur
National library of Wales
National Museum and Art Gallery, Wales
National Museum of Australia
Keir Hardie Medical Centre, Bridgend
Paintings for Hospitals 2013
2011 Catalogue essay written by Karin Hiscock, for Sue Hunt New Paintings and Silverpoints
2012 56 Years of the Avant Guard, by David Moore
2014 OPEN BOOKS essay, Decanter Ink catalogue, Hangzhou, China