Pitch for up to £200 to start, develop or grow your business
Once again we are offering Cardiff Met students and graduates the chance to take their business further with the help of Flash Fund, a week-long competition to help turn your business idea into reality or take an existing business to the next level.
Flash Fund can support a range of items, as long as it is something which will clearly help your business to progress. Examples include:
- Marketing materials
- Market research activities
- Courses to develop specific skills relevant to your business
- Test trading opportunities such as exhibitions, market stalls and trade shows
- Networking opportunities such as conferences, events and membership of professional bodies/organisations
To enter complete the Simply Do Ideas online template and attach a one-page pitch for investment. The ideas template will ask you questions about your business and this will be used to create a visual pitch to showcase your idea. Please include as much information as possible in the online template. When you are completing the template you will see an option for attachments (the left side of the page in a grey box). Please use this to attach a word/pdf document of up to one side of A4 outlining how much money you would like to pitch for and what the money will be used for.
Please submit your pitch via the Simply Do Ideas platform by 9:00am on Monday February 29th.
We are very grateful to the Cardiff Met Development Fund for sponsoring this event and to the alumni who have contributed to this fund.
- Your entry must include the following information:
- Your name (and the name of anyone else involved in the business)
- The business name
- All sections of the Simply Do Ideas template must be completed to explain your business idea
- Whether you have started trading yet and if so for how long
- How much money you are looking to pitch for (maximum £200)
- What the money will be used for
- Your attachment outlining how much funding you would like to pitch for must be no longer than 1 side of A4 in size 12 font.
- The maximum amount you can pitch for is £200 (there is no minimum so you may pitch for less than £200 if you wish)
- If the item/activity you're looking to fund is over £200 we may be able to match fund you, for example if the item was £400 we could pay £200 towards it and you would put in the other £200. If you are looking for match funding for a higher costing item please state this in your application.
- The business must be legal and ethical and not bring the university into disrepute
- If you are successful in securing Flash Fund investment, you must claim/spend the money no later than 30 days from the date in which you receive our email confirming investment.
Your entry will be judged according to the following criteria (with equal weighting for each):
- Clarity of investment value – your entry needs to clearly show how the investment will benefit your business and help it to progress.
- Clarity of application and business idea – your application must be written clearly and your business idea must be explained in a concise manner which is easy to understand.
- Accuracy of financial information and value for money – your application needs to demonstrate that you have researched your costs appropriately and have considered value for money when looking into costs.