Apply for up to £250 to start, develop or grow your business.
We are offering you a great chance to develop as a freelancer, start or grow your business, or simply take the next step towards an entrepreneurial career.
Flash Fund is a competitive fund that will help to turn your business idea into reality or take an existing business to the next level! Applications are open to all Cardiff Met students and recent graduates.
Flash Fund can support a range of items, as long as it is something which will clearly help your business to progress. Examples include:
- Marketing materials or advertising costs
- Market research activities
- Courses to develop specific skills relevant to your business
- Test trading opportunities such as exhibitions, market stalls and trade shows
- Networking opportunities such as conferences, events and membership of professional bodies/organisations
- Trademarking or other IP protection or advice
To enter please apply via the MetHub link
here by 9am Monday 19th November:
You will need to upload a Business One pager which must include:
- An overview of your business/idea
- Your target audience
- How much money you would like to pitch for
- How you would use the money and how it would help you to develop your business or idea further
- A breakdown of the costs for the items you are pitching for
We can accept Word Documents or PDF.
We want to see creative and innovative ways of your presenting your idea, so let your creative spirit flow in the one pager. This is a chance for you to visually present your idea the best you can!
We are very grateful to Santander Universities for sponsoring Flash Fund.
- Your entry must include the following information:
- Your name (and the name of anyone else involved in the business)
- The business name
- Whether you have started trading yet and if so for how long
- How much money you are looking to pitch for (maximum £250)
- What the money will be used for
- The application must be a Business One Pager
- You must be a current student or have graduated in 2017 or 2018
- The maximum amount you can pitch for is £250 (there is no minimum so you may pitch for less than £250 if you wish)
- If the item/activity you're looking to fund is over £250 we may be able to match fund you, for example if the item was £250 we could pay £250 towards it and you would put in the other £250. If you are looking for match funding for a higher costing item please state this in your application.
- Unless it is for prototyping or test trading we cannot fund the cost of stock or raw materials for your business.
- The business must be legal and ethical and not bring the university into disrepute
- If you are successful in securing Flash Fund investment, you must claim/spend the money no later than 30 days from the date in which you receive our email confirming investment.
Your entry will be judged according to the following criteria (with equal weighting for each):
Clarity of investment value – your entry needs to clearly show how the investment will benefit your business and help it to progress.
Clarity of application and business idea – your application must be written clearly and your business idea must be explained in a concise manner which is easy to understand.
Accuracy of financial information and value for money – your application needs to demonstrate that you have researched your costs appropriately and have considered value for money when looking into costs.
If you have any queries, get in touch