Santander Entrepreneurship Bursaries
To be eligable for a bursary you will need to have graduated from Cardiff Metropolitan with a Bachellors, Post Graduate Certificate, Masters or Doctoral qualification within the last 2 years. In exceptional cases we may also make an award to current students.
Your business must be based in the UK.
You must already be trading, OR have a validated business plan which is investment ready.
You must be eligable to run a business in the UK.
For option 1 you must be based in our incubation space.
To apply for the Santander Bursary you will need to prepare a Business One Pager. This should be approximately 1 side of A4 and should contain enough information for us to understand your business. You may want to research how to do this well, or book an appointment with us if you are not sure. This website gives a summary of what we are looking for.
You will also need to prepare a covering letter which should explain why you would like to receive the Santander Bursary and what you aim to achieve during the 8/13 week period. You should include a detailed action plan.
Both these documents should be saved as a Word document or PDF - other document types will NOT be accepted.
Once you have prepared this information you will need to complete an application form which helps us to monitor if this funding is supporting students and graduates from a widening participation background. You will need to upload your files during this process.
We have a limited number of awards, and we will evaluate your application on a first come first served basis.
Terms and Conditions
The offer of the bursary is made on the following conditions;
- Option 1, during the 8 week period you will be working fulltime (a minimum of 40 hrs per week) on your business. This time will primarily be spend located in the Llandaff Incubation Space.
- Option 2, during the 13 week period you will spend a significant proportion (at least 30 hours per week) of your time working on the development of your business, spending at least 1 day per week in the incubation space.
- If available you will attend the Centre for Entrepreneurship's accelerator programme.
- With assistance from the Centre for Entrepreneurship you will provide Santander UK with 3 video blogs during the period of the Internship giving details of progress with your business and how the grant funding has enabled you to develop your business.
(Video 1 – as soon as possible, video 2 after 4/6 weeks, video 3 at the end of 8/13 weeks)
- Once agreed by the Centre you will share these videos on the Santander Universities Fellows group;
The Cardiff Met Entrepreneurs and Freelancers Facebook group;
And on any other social media platform required by the Centre for Entrepreneurship.
- You will submit a one-page written report within one week of completion of the internship, summarising what you have used the money for and what difference it has made to you establishing their business.
- Payments will be made every 4 weeks, in advance.
- Awards will be made by the Centre for Entrepreneurship and are subject to the Universities' policies regarding equal rights and use of the Welsh language. There is no appeals process, however resubmissions are allowed.
- Submissions will be evaluated in the order they are received. Applications which are succesful will be granted an award subject to available funding.
Apply here for the Santander Entrepreneurship Bursary