Position:||Senior Lecturer / Programme Leader PGCE MFL / Education Studies|
School:||Cardiff School of Education|
E- mail:|| firstname.lastname@example.org|
Telephone:||029 2041 6552|
• Pedagogy and Andragogy Research Group (PARG)
• Association for Language Learning
• The Literacy Trust
• Triple Literacy
• Multiple Intelligences and MFL methodology
• Pupil voice, School Councils and the School Effectiveness Framework
• Pupil Welfare and Emotional Literacy
• The role of Centres of Excellence in MFL teaching
Craig is Programme Leader for PGCE Modern Foreign Languages and Co-ordinator of the Graduate Teacher Programme. Craig is also a tutor on the BA (Hons) Education Studies and Welsh pathway, delivering the Welsh language and Welsh and Modern Communication modules.
Prior to joining the Cardiff School of Education, he taught MFL for 17 years in both Welsh and English medium schools, ten of those as Head of French / Head of MFL. During his teaching career he has had experience of various whole-school roles, including Head of Year, Pupil Welfare Manager and Healthy Schools / Investors in Families Co-ordinator. He completed his MA (Ed) research on Modern Foreign Language methodology and the Multiple Intelligences.
Craig is currently researching standards of subject knowledge of MFL teacher trainees, the effective teaching of phonics, sound-letter recognition and use of target language within the classroom.
• GCSE French examiner
• ESTYN Peer Assessor
• MFL CPD Presenter (WJEC)
• External Examiner for MFL PGCE University of St Mark and St John, Plymouth
• Welsh (fluent)
• French (fluent)
• Spanish (Advanced)
• German (Intermediate)