• Education and Social Research Group (ESRG)
• Arts And Humanities Research Group (AHRG)
• Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management (FinstLM)
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
• Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA)
• Fellow of the Association of University Administrators (FAUA)
• Member of the Chartered Institute for Quality Assurance (MCIQA)
• Change Management: individual change, team change, corporate change & strategic change
• Perception, Communication & Identity
• University Administration Staff
• Staff Training & Development
• Education Leadership, Management and Training
• Change and the philosophy of change in English Literature
The C Word: An anthology of writing from Cardiff edited by Dr Kate North (short story included in the anthology)
Creating change sophisticated people, Research Paper, Cardiff School of Education Research Papers Volume 6 – Cardiff Metropolitan University
Editor, Cardiff School of Education Research Papers Volume 7 – Cardiff Metropolitan University
Supervising two MA CPD students within the Cardiff School of Education. One internal student and one external student from Cardiff University. The students' studies relate to employability and specific Higher Education programmes. One student has successfully completed her MA July 2015, the next is due to complete in October 2015.
Lecturing in the Cardiff School of Management on Developing Successful Projects on the MBA programme.
Implementation, development and distribution of both English and Welsh translated version of change competencies workbook from PhD thesis.
Attending the Aurora – Developing Women Leaders in Higher Education course provided by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education.
As a member of the Senior Management and Planning Team I am responsible to the Dean for matters relating to budgets and finance, human resources, communications and marketing, estates, facilities and health and safety. I liaise with the Cardiff Metropolitan University’s central service units to ensure the school business processes adhere to the university requirements, creating and implementing school policies and procedures as necessary. I also manage the school’s team of professional support staff consisting of both technical and administrative support staff.
I have assisted with enterprise activities within CSE in undertaking seminars on:
- “Managing People” for the Royal Saudi Air Force
- “Models of Change; Organisational Culture and Change Management, and Implementing Strategy at an Operational Level” for academics and researchers from the King Saud University
- “Organising Culture and Implementing Strategy” for academics and researchers from King Khalid University
- “Organisational Capability and Resource Management” for academics and researchers from the King Saud University
- “Managing Conflict and Exercising Influence” and “Change Management” for academics and researchers from the Salman bin Abdulaziz University
I have presented at the Association of University Administrators (AUA) conferences running workshops and seminars in relation to “Perceptions of Change” and “Strategic Change” and “Implementing Change” in higher education.
Keynote Speaker on Managing Organisational Change at the Joint Regional Conference for South West and Mid Wales and South East Wales Regional Library Partnerships.
Speaker and facilitator at various Association of University Administrators (AUA) conferences running workshops and seminars in relation to "Perceptions of Change" and "Strategic Change" and "Implementing Change" in higher education.
Academic lecturer in the Cardiff School of Management on the MBA programme delivering on: Developing Successful Projects.
Supervisor in the Cardiff School of Education on the MA CPD programme assisting MA students with their studies on Employability and HE.
I am an Independent member of the Stakeholder Forum for Cardiff Metropolitan University; the key focus of which is:
"to comment and advise on corporate strategy and to assist Cardiff Metropolitan University to keep focussed on its primary purposes." (Establishment of Stakeholder Forum, 2008).
• Independent Member of the Cardiff Metropolitan Stakeholder Forum
• Member of the Cardiff Ambassadors
• Member of the AUA Early Career and HE Professionals Forum
• Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI)
• Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
• Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Fellow of the Association of University Administrators
Business Development Manager for Dragon Personal Management an actors agency in Cardiff
Assist with the South East Wales Talking Magazine
Assist with the production of Cardiff Recording Club short films
Assist with the production of short films by Mortal Films & Damnable Iron Productions
DBA thesis title is “Creating change sophisticated people: a change competencies workbook based on school support staff’s perceptions of strategic change in a post-92 higher education institution
MBA (part-time)- distinction gained for dissertation on “Worker perception of strategic change.” Distinctions gained for E-Commerce and Information Management modules. (University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, 2005)
BA (Hons) Humanities (College of St Mark & St John, 1988)
2014 - Present, Academic lecturer in the Cardiff School of Management and the Cardiff School of Education
2006 - Present, School Resources, Marketing and Operations Manager, Cardiff School of Education, Cardiff Met University
1999 - 2006, Compliance and Information Systems Manager, BUPA Hospital Cardiff
1997 - 1999, Regional Quality Co-ordinator (for 13 hospitals) BUPA Hospitals
1996 - 1997, Quality Co-ordinator BUPA Hospital Cardiff