Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Room No: D3.07
Telephone No: + 44 (0) 29 2041 6887
Huw lectures in law and related areas on the Health & Social Care, Environmental Health and Food Science & Technology degree programmes. He is also a dissertation supervisor. He also lectured on the Consumer & Trading Standards degree previously delivered by Cardiff Metropolitan University. Before becoming a lecturer Huw practiced as a solicitor working in private practice, the Crown Prosecution Service, the Welsh Office and the National Assembly for Wales.
Huw is a PhD candidate and his thesis concerns the Trading Standards service and consumer protection in Wales. Specific areas of interest include devolution, constitutional law, human rights, consumer law, enforcement & regulation and health & social care law.
• Evans H, ‘Scambusters in Welsh', Click-on-Wales (online, 4 August 2011). Available at:
• Evans H, 'New Kids on the Enforcement Block' in TS Today, (Trading Standards Institute, 121/12, December 2012).
• Evans H and Reniu JM, Challenges for EU Multilevel Governance, (podcast, European Parliament, 18 June 2013). Available at:
• Evans H, 'Do We Need an all-Wales Police Force?' in Planet: the Welsh Internationalist, (Berw, 210, Summer 2013).
• Evans H, Law and Legitimacy: the Denial of the Catalan Voice, (Centre Maurits Coppieters, 2013).
• Evans H, Dret I Legitimitat: La Negacio De La Veu Catalana. (Jordi Vilanova I Karlsson tr, Fundacio Josep Irla, 2014).
Association of Law Teachers: Member
Chartered Trading Standards Institute: Affiliate Member and Examiner
European Institute of Identities, Swansea University: Honorary Fellow
Gorwel: Management Board Member
Higher Education Academy: Fellow
Law Society: Member
Socio-Legal Studies Association: Member
Solicitors Regulation Authority: Solicitor (Non – Practising)