Position: Lecturer (0.8)
School: Cardiff School of Health Sciences
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2020 5687
Room No: D3.15
- Brain and Cognition (level 4)
- Contemporary issues in Psychology (level 5)
- Research Methods (level 4)
- Research and Statistics (level 5)
- Brain and Cognition
- Research and Statistics
- BSc Psychology: executive processes, associative learning,
emotion and cognition, schizotypy/schizophrenia.
- Skillicorn, D., & Watt, A. (2016). Novel use of the
Stoop task to examining executive cognitive deficits in schizotypy.
BPS Cognitive Psychology Section Annual Conference
- Skillicorn, D., & Watt, A. (2009). Negative schizotypy
and sensitivity to changes in US valence following conditional
discrimination training. 13th Associative learning Symposium.
- Skillicorn, D., & Watt, A. (2008). Negative schizotypy,
executive functioning and emotion cue processing. Division of
Clinical Psychology Annual Conference
Dr Deiniol Skillicorn graduated from the University of Wales in 2004 with a BSc in Psychology. He was awarded a PhD from Cardiff Metropolitan University in 2010 titled ‘Cognitive processes and emotion cue processing in introvertive anhedonia’.
Deiniol is a module leader on the BSc Psychology programme and contributes to a number of undergraduate psychology courses and is a level 4 year tutor .
Deiniols current research interests include executive cognitive processes, the role of emotion in conditional learning and how these factors interact in the aetiology of schizophrenia