Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Room No: D1.13
Telephone No: + 44 (0) 29 2041 7219
Email Address: email@example.com
Overall teaching remit:
Facilitate learning of under-graduate and MSc students of Nutrition & Dietetics.
Module Lead on:
- Food Studies,
- Public Health Nutrition
- Global Nutrition,
- Public Health Within Populations
- Nutrition & the Consumer;
- Independent Study;
- Professional Studies (post-graduate);
Main teaching areas:
- Under-graduates: Global nutrition aspects; consumer Issues, nutrition in early life development and lifespan nutrition, macro and micronutrients;
- Post-graduates: Contemporary nutrition updates and developing practical food based professional skills.
Other duties include mentoring personal tutees; supervising final year projects.
Current projects: continued collaboration with the National Institute of Public Health, Cambodia. The aim of this collaboration is to initially provide teaching support for their higher education degree in Nutrition, but focussing longer term on capacity building of Cambodian Nationals to become the nutrition lecturers of the future. The potential future exchange of students and staff links with Cardiff Met internationalisation strategy 2015-20.
Research interests include: the evaluation of this collaboration to date; inclusivity / diversity in HE, both in UK and Cambodia.
Health Care Professions Council registered
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy