My role at the ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre
My role as ZERO2FIVEFood Industry Centre Technologist involves supporting Welsh food and drink manufacturers by providing the following:
• Completing documented internal audits against the requirements of various food safety Standards
• Providing advice, mentoring, training and dissemination of best practice guidance to clients
• Completing chemical and nutritional analysis of products
• Advising on shelf-life determination
• Reviewing product labels to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
• Developing and organising mentoring sessions
• Assisting companies with audit preparation
• Completing temperature validation and thermal profile exercises using ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre equipment
• Participation in sensory evaluation within the centre by taking part in consumer and select panels along with Quality Attribute Sheet (QAS) development.
I have also contributed to research activity undertaken within the centre (Understanding Barriers to Accreditation in the Food & Drink Sector in Wales and Food for the Future).
I have represented the ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre at events and conferences including UKAFP, EUAFP, Food for the Future, Food Matters Live and Speciality Fine Food Fair.