Call for abstracts is now open!
The 17th United Kingdom Association for Food Protection Conference will explore the theme: “How allergens affect business and society”. We are inviting all food related students (BSc, MSc, PhD) recent graduates and early career researchers in academia or industry to submit abstracts relating to the conference theme or any other aspect of food safety or food protection for poster presentations.
Abstracts should be submitted via the online submission form.
Abstracts should not exceed 250 words (excluding presenter name, authors and affiliations).
All submissions must include:
- Main title
- Corresponding author’s name, organisational affiliation, email address and contact phone number
- Names and organisational affiliations of co-authors
- Structure: introduction, aim, methods, results, significance
Poster abstracts must be submitted by 17:00 Friday 30th August 2019. Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt. (Any abstract submitted before this date will be considered by the organising committee and successful authors may be notified prior to the notification date).
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by 17:00 Friday September 6th 2019.
Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for and present at the conference. Please note registration is free.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the online abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.
Deadline for submissions is 17:00 Friday 30th August 2019.
Abstract review and selection process
All abstracts submitted will go through a peer-review process carried out by the UKAFP organising committee. The committee reserves the right to reject low quality abstracts, as well as those not pertinent to the themes of the conference or interest of the audience. All accepted submissions will be notified via email.
Best research poster award
There will be a £100 award and a year’s membership to the International Association for Food Protection for the best poster. A runner up will also be awarded with a year’s membership to the International Association for Food Protection.
On submission, you will be asked if you would like your poster to be considered for the Best Student/Early Career Researcher Poster, to be eligible:
- You must submit your abstract by 17:00 Friday 30th August 2019.
- Your abstract needs to be accepted.
- You must register for the conference by 08:00 Wednesday October 16th. To register please visit Eventbrite.
- Your poster must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by 08:00 Wednesday October 16th in the correct format (A1 portrait).
- You must bring a printed version with you to be displayed at the conference and be present at the allocated poster viewing times (11:00 – 11:30 and 14:30 – 15:00).
Freestanding boards will be provided for posters. Posters must be size A1 portrait (width: 59.4cm x height: 84.1cm). Posters not adhering to these requirements will not be displayed. Audiovisual equipment will not be available. Pins will be provided to display your poster.
- Deadline for abstract submissions – Friday 30th August 2019
- Notification of acceptance – Friday September 6th 2019.
- Electronic submission of poster (for best poster award) – 08:00 Wednesday October 16th 2019.
- Conference Eventbrite registration closes – Tuesday October 8th 2019.
- Conference – Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
For any questions regarding abstract submissions, please email the UKAFP organising committee: firstname.lastname@example.org