The ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre is able to support all aspects of gaining BRC certification.
What is BRC?
British Retail Consortium (BRC) is a Food Safety Management System set up by the major retailers. Originating around 1998 to enable suppliers to be audited against a single standard, it has since become global and is used by over 14000 companies in 90 countries and standards cover food packaging and distribution as well as food manufacturing. BRC is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standard.
BRC Technical Support
ZERO2FIVE is experienced in the development and implementation of quality management systems which meet the demands of the BRC technical standards, including;
- Food (including BRC Global Markets Programme)
- Storage and Distribution
- Packaging and Packaging Materials
- Agents and Brokers
Members of our Technical team have considerable food industry experience, creating and validating safety systems, undertaking system audits, ensuring legal compliance and full system compliance. We have a fully qualified audit team.
ZERO2FIVE has experience in supporting businesses aspiring to reach BRC certification, and sites that are already certified to the standard.
BRC Pre-audits and Gap Analysis
ZERO2FIVE can support businesses by undertaking a detailed pre-audit or gap analysis against the BRC technical standard of their choice. The visit will assess current status, and provide guidance in areas that need to be improved. Sites will be provided with a detailed action plan following the visit which will help sites focus their efforts to fulfil the requirements.
BRC Approved Training
ZERO2FIVE host the following BRC approved training course:
- BRC Internal Auditor (suitable for all standards)
ZERO2FIVE can develop and deliver on site training courses to meet the technical demands of retailers and the manufacturing sector.
Please contact us for course dates or for a quotation for a bespoke course.
Benefits of BRC Standard
- Opens the door to many large retailers and food service providers who require BRC as a pre-requisite to supply
- It is a food safety system helping you to achieve many of your legal requirements
- It helps in the manufacture of a consistently safe product
- It allows you to have clear systems laid out so that all staff understands what is required and how to achieve it
- It should lead to a reduction in customer audits
- Inspires confidence in existing and potential new customers, enabling the growth of your business
For further information on the BRC Standard, please visit the BRC Global Standards website www.brcglobalstandards.com
For more information
Telephone: 02920 41 6306