The ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre is able to support all aspects of support for gaining BRC certification.
What is BRC?
British Retail Consortium (BRC) is a Food Safety Management System set up by the major retailers. Originating around 1998 to enable suppliers to be audited against a single standard, it has since become global and is used by over 14000 companies in 90 countries and standards cover food packaging and distribution as well as food manufacturing. BRC is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standard.
BRC Technical Support
The ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre is experienced in the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems which meet the demands of the BRC technical standards, including;
- Food (including BRC Global Markets Programme)
- Storage and Distribution
- Packaging and Packaging Materials
- Agents and Brokers
Members of our Technical team have over 20 years food industry experience, creating and validating safety systems, undertaking system audits, ensuring legal compliance and full system compliance. We have a fully qualified audit team.
The ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre have experience in supporting businesses aspiring to reach BRC certification, and sites that are already certified to the standard.
BRC Pre-audits and Gap Analysis
The ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre can support businesses by undertaking a detailed pre-audit or gap analysis against the BRC technical standard of their choice. The visit will assess current status, and provide guidance in areas that need to be improved. Sites will be provided a detailed action plan following the visit which will assist sites focus their attention to fulfil the requirements.
BRC Approved Training
The ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre host the following BRC approved training course;
- BRC Internal Auditor (suitable for all standards)
The ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre can develop and deliver a training course on site to meet the technical demands of retailers and the manufacturing sector.
Please contact the ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre for dates for open courses, or a quotation for an in-house course.
Benefits of BRC Standard
- Opens the door to many large retailers and food service providers who require BRC as a pre-requisite to supply
- It is a food safety system helping you to achieve many of your legal requirements
- It helps in the manufacture of a consistently safe product
- It allows you to have clear systems laid out so that all staff understands what is required and how to achieve it
- It should lead to a reduction in customer audits
- Inspires confidence in existing and potential new customers, enabling the growth of your business
For further information on the BRC Standard, please visit the BRC Global Standards website www.brcglobalstandards.com
For more information
Telephone: 02920 41 6306