Support for all packaging requirements.
The Packaging Innovation Group (PIG) is a technical food packaging support consortium working in collaboration with the ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre and the National Centre for Product Development & Design (PDR). The group members have world class expertise, knowledge and experience and are able to provide clients with a comprehensive, cost effective and efficient service which addresses many complex issues facing business today. The group provides a holistic solution for both large and small food businesses. The PIG offering the following products:
- Packaging design - structural packaging solutions, technical operational solutions.
- New Product Development - to include sensory analysis, focus groups, benchmarking, primary market research, shelf life analysis, legal labelling, costings, cooking instruction validation and Life Cycle analysis
- Process Development
- Food Law
- Technical Auditing
- Quality Systems and development - including BRC, SALSA, ISO9001, BRC/IOP, SQF.
- Troubling Shooting - in all aspects of processing and packaging e.g. legal labelling.
- Material Sourcing - to include primary packaging, MAP, sustainable packaging, Retail Ready packaging, TTI, RFID. Etc.
- Market Transition Management - technical support for entry of products into new markets i.e. from local farmers market into national retail sector.
- Market Research
- Training - operational activities, legal requirements, auditing, BRC, packaging technology
Helen Taylor (BSc. Hons, Dip. Pkg. Tech., FSM ) who leads the group has been working with Food Manufacturing for over 20 years and is actively working with the Packaging Society (UK), International Association of Food Protection (USA) and IFST (UK) in all aspects of food packaging safety and compliance.
For more information
Telephone: 02920 41 6306