Whilst you are a student at Cardiff Metropolitan, it is your responsibility to ensure that your academic and accommodation fees are paid on time. When you enrol onto your course you are required to pay at least 60% of your total annual tuition fees.
Payment options: 1. Payment for the full tuition fees in advance or at enrolment. (No extra charges are incurred) 2. Payment in two instalments – 60% of fees at enrolment, then the remaining 40% (plus a 5% administration charge on that 40% balance). The remaining 40% balance and administration fee will need to be paid in January for students starting courses in September, in June for students starting courses in January and in November for students starting courses in July.Please note: If you do not pay your first instalment in full and on time during the enrolment period, you will later be charged a 5% administration fee on the whole of the outstanding balance.
Fee payments can be made by the following methods: 1. Money order payable to Cardiff Metropolitan University 2. Bank transfer in sterling to: National Westminster Bank, 26 Park Place, Cardiff CF1 3QH, Sort Code: 010155, Account number: 01 04 38 38, Account Name: Cardiff Met Exchequer Account. IBAN : GB73NWBK01015501043838 SWIFT Number: NWBKGB2122T 3. Visa, Access, Mastercard 4. Cash or cheque 5. Sterling travellers cheques
Important: Use your name and date of birth as a reference for the bank account transfer. It is your responsibility to pay any bank charges deducted from the payment received into Cardiff Met’s bank account.
You can make enquiries by emailing the Finance Department at email@example.com And providing them with the following details :
The name of the bank from which the transfer was made (if applicable) Upon receipt of your payment and acceptance form, Cardiff Metropolitan University will send a confirmation email to the email address that you provide
Sponsored students - please bring your sponsorship letter with you when you enrol - you will have brought a copy of this with you. Please note the International Office does not have copies of these letters, you must produce your own copy.
Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds TSB and National Westminster Bank (Natwest)
All of these banks have branches in and around Cardiff. The most conveniently located branches for Cardiff Met students are:
Wellfield Road, Roath Albany Road, Roath High Street, Llandaff village Queen Street, city centre
Important Advice: When making any future immigration applications in the UK, it will be necessary for you to supply the UK Border Agency with original copies of your most up to date bank statements. We therefore strongly recommend that when you open your account, you request to be sent regular postal statements to your UK address.
Yes! You may have already paid an advanced fee of £3,000 and on arrival, you will have two choices of how you can pay the remaining balance of fees. You can either pay the full balance during the enrolment period where no additional charges will be incurred or alternatively, you can pay the balance of 60% of your total course fee at enrolment, and the remaining 40% in January – if your course started in September, in June – if your course started in January or in November – if your course started in July. Please note: By opting for the instalment method, you will incur a 5% administration fee on the second instalment and you must ensure you meet the payment deadlines.
If you decide after your arrival in the UK that you have changed your study plans and wish to return to your country of residence, you may be able to apply for a refund. Evidence of your return overseas must be provided to the International Office eg a scanned copy of your boarding pass. Following this, an application for a refund would need to be made, detailing the reasons for deciding to leave your course. Eligibility for a refund will be assessed on a case by case basis and the date of withdrawal from your course will also be a contributing factor to the final decision made about whether a refund is approved or not. For further enquiries about refunds, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org. For full refund terms and conditions please
It is important that you arrange your finances before you arrive in the UK to ensure that you are able to make payments on time. Late payments will incur an additional administration charge on top of your tuition fees. As with other UK universities, Cardiff Met has a regulation that all academic fees and accommodation fees must be paid in full whilst you are studying at the University or else you will not be permitted to graduate from your course and gain a certificate for your academic achievements. If you do not pay your fees on time, you will receive letters from the Finance Office and may be prevented from continuing with your studies or re-enrolling onto the next phase of your course until your fees are paid. If you find yourself in a situation where you are unable to pay your fees, you may be advised to suspend or defer your studies until you are in a position to clear all outstanding debts to the University. Please note, any change to a Tier 4 student’s status at the university must be reported to UK Visas and Immigration, which may consequently result in a curtailment/cancellation of their visa. For further advice about fees and related immigration matters, please see the University Debtor Policy in the Related Links section or contact the International Student Support Team at
Cardiff Metropolitan is unable to offer scholarships or bursaries to students, midway through their courses and it is very difficult to secure a scholarship from a UK organisation whilst you are in the UK. We therefore recommend that you research scholarship opportunities in your home country before entering the UK or contact the British Council for details.
Links to International Student Calculator – An aid to budgeting and managing your financeshttp://international.studentcalculator.org.uk/international/
Other suggested websites:http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ www.educationuk.org/scholarshipshttp://www.moneysavingexpert.com/