Making a decision to study overseas is not something we feel you have taken lightly. It is important to us that you get the very most of your time here. As a result, Cardiff Metropolitan prides itself on the high level of individual support which is given to each and every one of our international students. In choosing to study at our University, you have the opportunity to graduate from one of the UK's most respected modern universities.
Building upon a longstanding and proud tradition, Cardiff Metropolitan University has an established international reputation for the provision of professional and vocationally focused courses. This reputation is supported by a broad programme of applied research and consultancy, and the university's close links with industry. As a graduate of one of our many vocationally focused courses, you help secure your success in your chosen career.
The University is organised into academic schools over two campuses, situated in the city of Cardiff:
Cardiff School of Art & Design
Cardiff School of Education & Social Policy
Cardiff School of Management
Cardiff School of Sport & Health Sciences
The University's reputation as one of the UK's leading modern universities is a reflection of our high quality teaching and research, as well as the committed and enthusiastic academic staff in all of our Schools. Extensive library and computing provisions, sports facilities and student services ensure that Cardiff Metropolitan University students enjoy studying in a world class environment.
- Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
- The University is consistently ranked as one of the top modern universities in the UK by all the major league tables – The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Complete University Guide.
- The Higher Education Academy's Postgraduate Research Students Survey ranked Cardiff Metropolitan among the top 10 UK universities in all of its five key areas of measurement
- Cardiff Met continues to improve year to year. In 2015 the University was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide.
- Cardiff Met is the top ranked modern university in Wales
International and student perspective
The University has a dynamic and cosmopolitan atmosphere with the students from over 140 countries across the world
Cardiff Met has been ranked the TOP University in the UK for 'International student support' in the International Student Barometer for a 6th time *ISB 2010-2015
Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education's Most Improved Student Experience Award for the whole of the UK in 2014
Work placements and study visits ensure Cardiff Metropolitan University students graduate with practical skills and experience
Future prospects and employment
- Our degrees are recognised and respected around the world
Close links with over 5000 employers ensures that all our University programmes are industry focused
- Cardiff Metropolitan graduates are highly sought after by employers, with 96% of our graduates employed or in further study within 6 months of graduation. This is the highest figure of any university in Wales *DLHE 2015
- Support and advice on career choices open to all students at all stages of their degree programme
Applying for a place at University isn't just about choosing an appropriate course. Choosing a destination with the right environment and surroundings will help you make the most of your studies. Our students are fortunate to be situated in the heart of one of Europe's most exciting and multicultural destinations. Cardiff Metropolitan is situated in Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, a country with a long tradition of welcoming students from all over the world. Located only two hours from London by road or train, Cardiff has an exciting and diverse character and has been named as one of the world's top cities to visit by National Geographic Magazine. If you are looking for a place where you will be made to feel welcome, somewhere that is lively, safe and easy to get around, Cardiff is your answer.
Beyond our city, you can enjoy the varied and stunning landscapes of Wales itself. Wales is a country with a great deal of history and areas of outstanding beauty. Within an hour of Cardiff you could be enjoying the spectacular coastlines of South Wales, or enjoying the rugged mountain terrain of the Brecon Beacons.
With the very best in modern architecture, unspoilt parkland, a diverse range of arts and culture, and attractive countryside and stunning coastlines on the doorstep, Cardiff truly has something for everyone.