What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a widely used internationally recognised process-based method for effective project management. PRINCE2 is the de facto project management standard for public projects in the UK. As a best practice project management tool, PRINCE2 can be tailored to the needs of any organisation and for any type and size of project.
- It is easy to use
- Adaptable to business and project needs
- Delivers increased agility and efficiency whilst reducing costs
- It is a best practice, so you select a proven solution
- Maximize your project success 85% of PRINCE2® Practitioners describe it as valuable to their current role
- Position yourself in the job market – 85% of PRINCE2 certificate-holders said PRINCE2® helps with career progression
PRINCE2® benefits for the organisation:
- Manages resources, business risk and deliverables effectively
- Applicable to all types of projects
- Saves time and resources through a shared approach to reporting
- Improves productivity by increasing staff awareness of roles and responsibilities
- Project alignment with business goals
- Facilitates management and stakeholder involvement at relevant and appropriate times during the project
- Facilitates the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting, and audits
- Effectively scope your projects, so everyone knows what the project will deliver, to whom, by when and for how much
- Strike the balance between effective governance while enabling the project manager manage the project to manage
- Robust reporting for all stakeholders to ensure that everyone knows what they need to know
- Be able to identify and manage both the risks and opportunities to your project
PRINCE2® benefits for the professional:
- Demonstrates expertise and know-how
- Improves employability
- Ensures project success and delivery
- Improves communication and control
- Understand the role of you and your team, including triggers, inputs and expected outputs.
- Maximize your project success 85% of PRINCE2® Practitioners describe it as valuable to their current role Position yourself in the job market
- 85% of PRINCE2® certificate-holders said PRINCE2® helps with career progression
- PRINCE2® Foundation: for individuals wanting to demonstrate they have sufficient understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner: suitable for individuals wanting to demonstrate they have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the PRINCE2® method in a scenario situation.
Entry Requirements: No formal qualifications are required
Course aimed at: It is aimed at anybody in a Project Management role seeking to demonstrate competence through a recognised formal qualification, or Managers who want to develop a controlled approach to managing projects.
Additional Information: PRINCE2® certification is an invaluable asset to anyone's career as it increases employment prospects and helps individuals do their jobs more effectively, becoming an advantage to their employers.
For enquiries please email
PRINCE2® - Foundation and Practitioner
Duration: 5 days
Monday, 14th January - Friday, 18th January 2019
Monday, 11th March - Friday, 15th March 2019
Monday, 20th May - Friday, 24th May 2019
Monday, 15th July - Friday, 19th July 2019
Monday, 9th September - Friday, 13th September 2019
Monday, 11th November - Friday, 15th November 2019
Course Fees: £1250
PRINCE2® - Re-Registration
The PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner certificate needs to be renewed within 3-5 calendar years of its issue date. To renew their certificate, 2017 Practitioners can take a re-registration examination set at the same standard as the Practitioner examination. The re-registration is a 60-minute exam following the same standards with the Practitioner exam and is based on the 2017 PRINCE2 Manual.
PRINCE2® Re-registration certificate enables professionals to demonstrate their commitment to continuing professional development, as well as the value of their knowledge of PRINCE2® to employers, peers and colleagues.
Who is PRINCE2 Re-registration for:
Holders of the PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner certificate, which needs to be renewed within 3-5 calendar years of its issue date.
Duration: 2 days
Date: For enquiries please email
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
The Swirl™ is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
To enrol on to a PRINCE2® course at Cardiff Metropolitan University please go to our
Online Store to enrol or contact
email@example.com for more information regarding enrolment and payment methods.