Department: Business Studies
Telephone No: +44(0)29 2041 6417
Email Address: email@example.com
Laura Luo is a lecturer in management in the Cardiff School of Management. She is currently involved in the teaching and delivery of international business administration course in the field of professional development and culture and diversity. In her previous employment with other university institutions in South Wales, Laura taught on a number of foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate modules including strategy, comparative cultures, management practices, business planning and professional development. Apart from academic roles in higher education, Laura has worked in other academic settings and supporting roles promoting working with students and academics from different countries and cultures. Laura also was responsible for and involved in a range of academic activities such as course module design, module delivery and assessment, research, course tutorship, validation and moderation, staff development.
Laura is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Laura's interest in business management continues to develop in the form of a PhD project. She has a PhD research project in progress and has publishes research papers at national and international conferences.
Her publications include conference papers on social enterprise business models and leadership management, the value and approach of trust, networking in China and the UK, family businesses, and creative industry.
- An Enterprising Social Business Model – the Case of E-Inclusion Recycling, paper published at Newport Business School Research Journal, Issue November 2010
- Innovative Strategic Leadership in a Social Enterprise: A Model for Change" Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems, I*PROMS, Cardiff University, July 2009
- The Doctor Who Effect': The emergence of a creative industries cluster in South East Wales. Published at ISBE 29th National Conference - Oct-Nov 2006
- Entrepreneurship in Chinese Family Business: the Case of Succession in South Wales. Presented at ISBE 29th National Conference - Oct-Nov 2006
- "Knowledge through Networking – the Value of Social Capital for SMEs", paper published and presented at the 26th ISBA National Small Firms Policy and Research Conference held in November 2003, Surrey
- "Network for Success: A Chinese and UK Exploration", paper published and presented at the British Academy of Management Conference held in September 2003, Harrogate