School Support Officer (Off-Campus Activities and Student Mobility)
Department: Business Support Administration
Telephone: +44(0) 29 2020 5302
Working within the Cardiff School of Management Liam is responsible for managing of all off-campus activities and student mobility for Staff and Students travelling within the UK and overseas. Liam also support the wider business operations activity and leads on various projects within the school.
Liam joined the School to start his current role in October 2015 and has since been proactive in streamlining the process for Student and Staff Off-Campus Travel.
- Delivering a customer focused service with a wide range of stake holders, including staff, students and international partners.
- Planning, organising and delivering activity briefing sessions for staff and students involved in off-campus activities.
- Lead and manage all visits including obtaining quotes, liaising with relevant Embassies regarding visa requirements, organising student payments in conjunctions with the Universities I-zone.
- Making all travel, accommodation and conference/programme arrangements for Staff and Students within the school.
- Manage the reconciliation of activities (including mobility funded activities) and ensure expenditure is within the approved limits.
- Deputising for the Business Operations Officer in his/her absence.
Liam began working in Cardiff Met in 2007, his previous role was based within Student Services (5 years) as Student Support Administrator. Here Liam gained experience in dealing with Student funding queries, hardship advice and coordinating of the Counselling Service where he developed an online system allowing students to access counselling without the reliance of office hours. This online system resulted in a reduction in client waiting time and was used as a model for other services.
Previous to working within Student Services, Liam worked within the Accommodation Services (3 years) based at Plas Gwyn Halls of Residence dealing with accommodation queries and assisting the Halls manager in daily operations.