WALLACE GROUP CHARTER
The Wallace Group has established a strong partnership for the effective delivery of the Volunteer Zambia project.
- To support the development of long-term mutually beneficial relationships between the UK and Zambia.
- To enhance leadership skills and sports specific developments for Zambian young people, leaders and organizations.
- To build capacity and knowledge sharing between the Wallace Group and Zambian organisations, capturing good practice examples through case studies and reports.
- To provide university students with the opportunity to add value to their degree programme and develop their leadership skills through short term volunteer placements in an overseas environment.
Vision – creating a legacy
"To work together to create a legacy through the development of sport for the betterment of lives in Zambia; to create environments that allow the exchange of information, ideas and skills between the UK and Zambia."
Mission – to make a difference
"Empowering communities and enriching the lives of young Zambians through the power of sport, leadership and education."
The Wallace Group Ambition:
To work with Sport in Action and it's partners to make a significant contribution to the long term, sustainable development of young people in Zambia.
At all times we will:
- Support SIA to build a sustainable sporting infrastructure of people, facilities and associated services.
- Not assume we know best or seek to impose our solutions on Zambian challenges/problems.
- Provide support and encouragement to Zambians to help them make informed decisions to achieve their goals.
- Seek to build and strengthen the capacity of local people to deliver sporting opportunities for young Zambians.
- Remain focused on the needs of young people.
- Collaborate with UK Sport and through them with other international agencies to ensure our interventions are complementary.
"Developing People, Inspiring a Nation"
The Wallace Group
The Wallace Group is a partnership created in 2004 by several leading UK Universities to support sports development for young people in Zambia. Today the partnership embraces 7 Universities, UK Sport, two NGBs, two Charities and our principle partner, the Zambian NGO, Sport in Action. As a group we share a commitment to the establishment and sustainable practices of International Development. The focus for the group is Zambia, working with Sport in Action, the Zambian government, and other sport stakeholders to support the delivery of Zambia's strategy for sport.