Performance analysis staff interests include factors influencing sports performance, the effectiveness of performance analysis support within coaching contexts, physical demands and injury risk associated with movement in sport. A specific example of current research is actual sports performance of athletes with different relative ages.
Main Areas of Research Include:
- Work-rate analysis of team games.
- Tactical aspects of racket sports.
- Temporal analysis of martial arts performance.
- Predictive modelling of game outcomes.
- Economic aspects of performance analysis provision
- High performance management
- Surface effect on activity profiles
- Performance profiling.
- Effect of situational variables on sports performance.
- Effectiveness of performance analysis support in coaching contexts
- Agility requirements of formal games
- Injury risk of movements performed in sports
- Automatic recognition of tactical patterns in player tracking data
- Ethical, health and safety issues in sports performance analysis
Performance Analysis Staff
Dr Gemma Robinson
Dr Peter O'Donoghue