Lecturer in Strength and Conditioning
Telephone number: 029 2020 5544
Jason is a Lecturer in Strength and Conditioning in the Cardiff School of Sport.
Jason joined the School in 2014 following eight years of working in further education colleges as both a lecturer and academy strength and conditioning coach.
In his current role he is involved in the academic delivery of all of the strength and conditioning modules.
Research / Publications
Injury screening assessments for youth soccer players
Long-term athlete development
Metabolic conditioning for team sports
Pedley, J.S., Bennett, J., and Meyers, R.W. (2015). Relationship between trunk strength and isometric closed kinetic chain performance. Proceedings of the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) National Conference, Chesford Grange, Warwickshire, England. August 2015.
Sims, L. and Pedley, J.S. (2016). Isometric vs plyometric post-activation potentiation for maximum velocity sprinting. Proceedings of the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) National Conference, Hinckley Island, Leicestershire, England. August 2015.
PhD Title: Drop jump kinetics as a predictor of injury risk in elite youth soccer players.
PhD Supervisory Team:
Dr Jon L. Oliver- Director of Studies
Dr Rhodri S. Lloyd- Supervisor
Dr Isabel Moore- Supervisor
Manuscript reviewer: Strength and Conditioning Journal, Journal of Applied Biomechanics
Teaching and Supervision
I teach on Introduction to Strength and Conditioning (SSP4013), Strength and Conditioning (SSP5070), Advanced Strength and Conditioning (SSP6087) and Strength and Conditioning: Theory to Practice (SSP7082). I am a level 4 and 6 personal tutor for Strength Conditioning, Rehabilitation and Massage students and supervise undergraduate dissertation projects.
Qualifications and Awards
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (University of Bath)
PGCE Lifelong Learning (University of Huddersfield)
MSc Strength and Conditioning (St Mary's University College, Twickenham)
Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (UKSCA)
- Welsh Volleyball- Head of Strength & Conditioning
- Badminton Wales- Head of Youth Strength and Conditioning
- Welsh Gymnastics- delivery of CPD workshops for coaches in the field of Youth Strength & Conditioning
- Welsh Athletics- delivery of CPD workshops for coaches in the field of Youth Strength & Conditioning
- Welsh Government- Consultant for fitness for office-based workers
Sporting / Coaching Profile
- Bristol Rugby- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Tresham College Football Academy- Head of Sport Science
- MMA Strength and Conditioning Coach- featherweight and lightweight semi-professional British Champion
- Welsh Volleyball
- Badminton Wales