Postgraduate, Research and Part-Time Students



​As a postgraduate, research or part-time student, the tuition fees you are charged will depend on the course you choose to study.

Please click here​ to download the full list of fees for full-time and part-time programmes. For Research fees, please click here​.  Please refer to the Guide to Tuition Fees​ for futher information.​

There is limited financial support available for postgraduate and research study, so you will need to plan well in advance how you are going to pay the tuition fees and support yourself whilst you are studying.

Postgraduate Scholarships
The university currently offers a postgraduate scholarship scheme worth up to £4,000 to help students finance their studies. To see if you are eligible, visit our Scholarship web pages at

Postgraduate Loan (for students who normally live in England)

From the 2016/17 academic year, students who normally live in England may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 for postgraduate Master's study. If you can receive an NHS bursary you will not be eligible to apply for the loan. Further details of the loan can be found on the Student Room website. Discussions are currently taking place about loans for students who reside in other areas of the UK. For further advice, please contact Cardiff Met's Student Advisory Service on

Teacher Training Grants (for PGCE Courses) 
Government training grants may be available for PGCE Primary and certain PGCE secondary subject areas d​epending on your undergraduate degree classification. There is no need to apply for the grants as they are automatically attached to your place if you are eligible. Payment is usually paid on a monthly basis between the October and May in the year of your study. For further information please visit: Teacher Training Cymru.

Welsh PGCE students who choose to stay and study in Wales are also eligible to receive support from the Welsh Government in terms of the Tuition Fee Grant. For further information about the grant and to access the relevant PN1 form please visit:

Research Scholarships
The university also offers a range of doctoral scholarships to help students undertaking research to finance their studies. To find out more about these, visit our research pages here​.

Student Financial Advisory Service 
Our Student Services department offers a support service should you have any questions about possible support that may be available to you whilst you study. For more information please click here or email:

Other useful websites and resources for postgraduate and research students looking for funding opportunities include: