Cardiff Met offers a scheme that allows a
25% reduction in tuition fees for Cardiff Met graduates enrolling onto taught postgraduate programmes from September 2020.
If you are a graduate of the University, or are currently studying at either postgraduate or undergraduate level, you could benefit from the Alumni Discount for your future postgraduate study at Cardiff Met.
- You must have enrolled and be studying on a taught postgraduate programme, including Master of Research (MRes) programmes.
- You must be self-funded for the entire programme. If your financial circumstances change, in that financial contribution is received towards your fees from a sponsor during a course which lasts more than one year, the Alumni discount will not be awarded for the subsequent years.
- You must be a previous full-time or part-time student of Cardiff Met (or as UWIC/Cardiff Institute of Higher Education). This also includes franchised UK partners.
- You must have successfully completed at least an undergraduate qualification.
Terms and Conditions
Please see the Terms and Conditions for full eligibility. It is important that you read the terms and conditions to fully understand your rights and responsibilities with respect to the Alumni Discount.
- PGCE Teaching students (excepting those who are studying PGCE Secondary Art (including D&T), Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Welsh, Computer Science or Modern Foreign Languages).
- Students on the PGCE/PCE Post Compulsory Education & Training (PCET) programme.
- Not available to applicants in receipt of any external contribution towards their fees, e.g. sponsors/employers.
- Not available to applicants in receipt of any Cardiff Met scholarships.
- Not available to applicants in receipt of staff or current partnership discounts.
- Not available to applicants in receipt of the NHS Bursary award.
- Not available to applicants in receipt of any Teacher Training Grants allocation.
How the discount is applied
The discount will be automatically applied to fees, for those that meet the eligibility criteria, provided you are enrolled and have not withdrawn within the first two weeks of the course.
Is the discount available to Home, EU and International students?
Yes, the alumni discount is available to Home, EU and International graduates from Cardiff Met.
What does self-funded mean?
You are self-funded if you are paying all of your tuition fees yourself. This can include financial support from a friend or relative, and/or
Postgraduate Loans from Welsh or English Government.
What other sources of funding are available?
You will need to plan well in advance how you are going to pay your tuition fees and support yourself while you study your postgraduate programme. Support and information on a variety of postgraduate funding sources can be found
here and through the
Student Finance and Welfare Advisory Service.
Am I guaranteed the Alumni Discount if i meet the criteria?
Yes, if you meet all the eligibility criteria details above then the discount will be automatically applied to your fees.
If I have already received the Alumni Discount for a previous Masters degree, can I enrol on another Masters and receive the discount again?
Yes, the alumni discount can be awarded to you again, provided there is no bad academic standing or debts to the university.
If I withdraw from my studies, does the alumni discount still apply to the costs already incurred?
Yes, the discount will be applied to the costs incurred if you withdraw. Please refer to the information on our fee regulation
pages in relation to the percentage of costs which are incurred if a student withdraws.
Is there a time limit from when I completed my first Cardiff Met qualification to when I can be awarded the alumni discount?
There is no time limit in relation to when the qualification was completed.
If you have any queries relating to the Alumni Discount, please contact Admissions on email@example.com.