The Cardiff Community Endowment Fund has two purposes:
- to provide education bursaries for individuals in need e.g. course fees (where assistance is not otherwise available) and grants towards the costs of course materials, equipment and activities
- to provide grants to community groups and local charities which support people facing financial disadvantage through grant funding of projects, small items and facilities
Who can apply
- Individuals who have been a full time resident in the Local Authority area of Cardiff for a minimum of 3 years with preference being given to those who also attended a Cardiff high school
- Community groups and local charities based in Cardiff whose work directly benefits residents of Cardiff
- Individuals and organisations can apply for grants ranging between £500—£1000
- Grants will not be awarded retrospectively i.e. for costs already incurred prior to the application closing date
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the financial/social need the grant will address
- Grants will not be awarded towards costs where there is financial support otherwise available e.g. tuition fees where the applicant is eligible for a student loan
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received support from this fund
How to apply
All applicants must complete an application form which can be downloaded from the Foundation's website www.cfiw.org.uk. You can contact the Foundation on 02920 536590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this grant programme.
The Foundation considers applications twice per year, please check the Foundation's website for the exact deadlines.