* The 2016 award is now closed for entry* For information and support on alternative postgraduate funding sources visit our Student Finance and Welfare Advisory Service
Met Postgraduate Scholarship is an award for UK or EU students who have gained
a First Class Honours degree and who wish to progress on to postgraduate study.
(International students please click here for scholarship information). Students must be entering a full-time taught Masters programme at Cardiff Met in September 2016. The award will provide a contribution to your tuition fee of up to £4,000. For up-to-date course fees please visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/fees There are a limited number of awards available.
- You must be a home (UK) or EU student.
- You must have obtained a first class honours degree at Cardiff Metropolitan University or another university (For non UK qualifications we will need to check equivalency).
- You must be entering a full-time, taught Masters programme in September 2016.
- You must be studying at a Cardiff based campus of Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- You must be privately funded.
- You must have not been awarded the scholarship previously.
- This scholarship is not available to PGCE students.
- You must apply by the
31st July 2016.
Allocation and Payment of the Scholarship
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the information held by the Admissions Department. Therefore, students are advised to ensure their records held by Admissions are full and complete, and to send in proof of degree qualifications as soon as possible.
- All awards will be allocated during September and following this there will be no more awards made in the year.
- Students will be notified by email whether they have been successful in August 2016.
- Awards will be allocated against your tuition fees (a fee reduction of up to £4,000) following enrolment.
- There are a limited number of awards available. If we receive more eligible applications than awards available, they will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis based on application receipt date.
- Students awarded the scholarship, but who defer or suspend their studies after beginning the course, may defer the remaining scholarship award (i.e. what is remaining once any fees have been paid) to the next academic year only.
- This is not a cash award.
Students are not guaranteed a scholarship offer, regardless of when an application is submitted. You will need to plan well in advance how you are going to pay the tuition fees and support yourself whilst you are studying a masters course.
For information and support on alternative funding sources visit our Student Finance and Welfare Advisory Service
How to apply:
The deadline to apply for this award has now passed, we are not taking any further applications for the 2016 academic year. If you would like further information on postgraduate funding please visit our Student Finance and Welfare Advisory Service
You will receive automatic notification by email that we have received your application. If you do not receive this notification contact us as soon as possible on email@example.com so we can confirm receipt. You will be notified of the final outcome during August 2016. Please let us know if you change your e-mail address or we may not be able to contact you.
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also visit our FAQ pages for more information.