You will be booked on to SOME of these sessions by your course team. Please CHECK your individual induction timetable for details. If you would like to attend any additional sessions, you can book yourself on to these when you get here.
These sessions will take place on Cyncoed Campus in room B0.04 and Llandaff campus in room C0.22.
• Staying Happy and Healthy at Uni - University can be a stressful time. We'll share some stories, tips and hints about how to manage your mental wellbeing so you can make the most of your student life.
• Dyslexia and Disability Support – Learn how the university supports students with dyslexia or other learning disabilities or disabilities to succeed.
• Expanding Your Horizons: Exploring Ideas and Entrepreneurship – Hear straight from fellow students about all the ways to get involved with entrepreneurship and all the advantages it brings!
• Your Journey to a Professional Future - Join this session to explore how to gain that competitive edge by developing your employability skills and growing your professional identity on the next steps of your journey.
• Library and IT Essentials - An interactive Library and IT session in which students will be introduced to the key things they need to know at the start of the Academic year.
• Study & Work Abroad - Information on available opportunities including Erasmus - Study and Work, Exchange, Camp America etc.
• Getting Active at Cardiff Met – Find out about sports facilities, sports membership and all the opportunities that are available to them to get active.
• Myfyrwyr Cymraeg - Interactive session for Welsh speaking students on what Cardiff Met, the Students’ Union and Cardiff as a City can offer Welsh speaking students.
• Managing your Money - Budgeting, managing your student loan and how to make sure your finances make your life easy not hard.
Information points will be available on both campuses so you can book into sessions when you arrive on campus.