Who can access the Wellbeing Advisor?
· Any student experiencing mental health issues, whether these are short or long term
· Any student who feels under pressure and would like to talk to somebody
· Any student who has concerns about a friend's wellbeing and would like advice and guidance
The Wellbeing Advisor can:
· Provide a first point of contact to direct you to support
· Provide ongoing individual support
· Provide information about mental health issues and useful services
· Ensure that appropriate arrangements and support are put into place for the duration of your studies
· Discuss your needs in relation to your course
· Make additional exam arrangements
· Make referrals and liaise with other services both within and outside Cardiff Met (e.g. the Counselling Service)
Support through the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)
If you have been experiencing long term mental health issues, you may be entitled to support through the DSA. This enables Cardiff Met to establish support structures and make reasonable adjustments (such as additional exam arrangements) for the duration of your course.
How do I book an appointment?
Please complete our online request form (below) in order to arrange an appointment with one of our Advisors.
Finance, Mental Health and Disability Appointment Request Form
For more information about the service or if you have any questions you can email us on email@example.com or call on 029 2041 6170.
Student Finance and Welfare