​​Several halls of residence have rooms that are suitable for students with mobility difficulties. Early contact to discuss your individual needs is vital.  It is advisable to include a covering letter when returning your halls application form.

In line with our philosophy of addressing personal student requirements, all accommodation needs are handled individually. If you require a room in halls you will be accommodated in the same building as all other students to ensure integration and equality.  En-suite rooms are available and time permitting and subject to agreement, the Accommodation Service will undertake necessary building adaptations to suit your individual needs.  Additional rooms for personal assistants can be negotiated with the Accommodation Service.

The Accommodation Service will try to respond to all requests but due to certain limitations not all requests for adaptations are possible.

You will be invited to apply for a place in halls and your application will be considered in the usual way with regard to your specific requirements.  Please visit Cardiff Met's Accommodation Service for further information.

Once in your accommodation, you will be introduced to the Halls Manager who lives on campus and is supported by a team of resident Student Wardens. These individuals are available to provide assistance whenever required and their combined presence on campus means that they can provide a 24 hour service to residents. They cannot, however, fill the role of Personal Assistants (Care Assistant/s) and provide constant support to those who require it. 

What if I require a Personal Assistant in Halls?

Additional accommodation can be made available for the use of a Personal Assistant. Should you require the assistance of a Personal Assistant, it is recommended that you contact the Disability Service to discuss support options with Social Services or voluntary organisations. Funding for this support needs to be considered prior to arrival at Cardiff Met.  The Disability Service can advise you as necessary.