Student Services>Finance support>Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate Students


Financial support for undergraduate students 

If you are enrolling onto a full-time undergraduate course, this page is designed to give you some idea of the financial support that you're entitled to and where you need to go to apply for it.

​The types of support that are available are likely to be:

  • Tuition Fee Loans and Grants
  • Student maintenance loan to help with your living costs
  • Additional allowances and grants where appropriate

To access this support, you should apply to Student Finance Wales  if you're living in Wales and Student Finance England if you're living in England, which are the organisations responsible for deciding whether or not you are eligible and how much you are entitled to.

The Finance & Welfare Advisory Service has produced a leaflet called Money Matters​ ​which provides information on loans and grants and gives some important tips on managing your money whilst you're at university.​​​​​

As well as the above funding, Social Work students can refer to the Care Council for Wales for bursary information. 

Students on NHS courses can refer to the NHS (Wales) Student Awards Services for funding information. 

There is also some discretionary support available, such as the Cardiff Metropolitan University Hardship Fund so click here ​ to find out more.

FOR CURRENT STUDENTS: If repeating modules or an academic year please be aware this will have financial implications  in terms of your student funding and you should read further information here​ and book in with a Student Finance & Welfare Advisor on 02920416170 to discuss further.