Job Title: Senior Lecturer, Food Science & Technology;
Programme Director, MSc Food Science and Technology
Room No: D1.30
Telephone No: + 44 (0) 29 2020 5637
Skype Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 4 - Food Safety Management
- Level 5 – Applied Food Product Development
- Level 6 – Advanced Food Product Development, Applied Food Safety, Applied Quality Management
- Level 7 – Food Product Development, Global Food Safety, Crisis Management, Research Methods and Design
Registered RSPH external teacher for:
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Food Manufacturing
- Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing
- Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety and Hygiene (Manufacturing)
- Level 4 Award in HACCP Management for Food Manufacturing
British Retail Consortium (BRC) Lead Auditor: Global Standard for Food Safety
- IFST LoveFoodLoveScience Registered Mentor
A Senior Lecturer of Food Science & Technology and Programme Director for MSc Food Science & Technology.
Member of the Institute of Food Science & Technology, IFST Consultancy Steering Group. IFST Membership Committee, IFST Western Branch member. IFST LoveFoodLoveScience Registered Mentor.
12 years' experience within the food industry working within Quality of Technical Management roles, within SME, Blue Chip and Retail.
Proficient knowledge of supplying the UK retail sector and UK Food Manufacturing industry. Experience of low, medium and high risk food manufacturing operations, food safety auditing in UK, Europe and Asia, along with NPD stage gate development and associated processes.
Guest presentations on behalf of IFST LoveFoodLoveScience:
Guest presentations on behalf of Climate Reality Project:
- Dawson, S. (2017). Food Ethics Case Study: Operation Aberdeen. In: Costa, R., Pittia, P. (2017). Food Ethics in Food Studies Education. London. Springer.
- Dawson, S. (2017). Food Ethics Case Study: Bushmeat. In: Costa, R., Pittia, P. (2017). Food Ethics in Food Studies Education. London. Springer.
- Dawson, S., Perham, N., Fairchild, R., Evans, E. (2016). Development of an Assessment Tool to Evaluate Food Safety Communication Adequacy in Food Media Sources. [Poster]. ISEKI Food 4th International Conference. 6-8th July. Vienna, Austria.
- Evans, E., Peters, A., Dawson, S. & Redmond, E. (2015). Development of a Consumer Orientated Food Safety Education Strategy for Chemotherapy Patients and Family-Caregivers. [Poster]. NCRI Cancer Conference. 6th – 9th November. Liverpool, UK.
- Evans, E., Peters, A., Dawson, S. & Redmond, E. (2015). Cancer Patients and Caregivers Risk Perceptions, Awareness of Food Safety and Self-Reported Receipt of Food Safety Information During Chemotherapy. [Poster]. International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) European Symposium on Food Safety. 20th – 22nd April. Cardiff, UK.
- Evans, E., Peters, A., Dawson, S. & Redmond, E. (2015). Food Safety Knowledge and Self-Reported Practices of Chemotherapy Patients and Associated Caregivers. [Paper]. International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Annual Conference. 25th – 28thJuly. Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Higham, S., Dawson, S. & Evans, E. (2015). The Effect of CO2 and N2 Modified Atmosphere Packaging on the Spoilage of Raw Diced Chicken Breast Meat Stored at 4⁰C. [Paper]. Society for Applied Microbiology (SfAM) Summer Conference. 29th June – 2nd July. Dublin, Ireland.
- Dawson, S. (2014). Whole Room Disinfection Techniques for Controlling Microbiological Contamination of Food Manufacturing Environments. [Poster]. 17th World Congress of Food Science & Technology IUFoST. 18th - 22nd August. Montreal, Canada.
- Dawson, S. (2014). History of UK Food Law. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 28(3) pp. 37-39
- Allender, V., Dawson, S. (2014). A Framework for Collaboration between Academia and Industry. [Poster]. ISEKI Food 3rd International Conference. 9-11th May. Porto, Spain.