Two Sisters Food Group (2SFG), Rogerstone Park – Head of Process Development – August 2014 – April 2018
- Head of process department at a top tier chilled ready meal site, turnover £140m 2017.
- Sat on the site leadership team with accountability for site function and strategic direction of the business.
- Directly responsible for the delivery >140 new product launches per annum.
- Acute project management delivery on key projects – food safety, increased shelf life, process improvement, factory design and build, kit commissioning, legal labelling, packaging and value optimisation.
- Strong focus on customer relationship with M&S, ALDI and foodservice partners.
- IOSH qualified and major focus on site Health and Safety.
Finsbury Food Group (FFG) – Process Development Manager – January 2013 – July 2014
- Process development manager in technical department at an ambient cake manufacturer.
- Significant customer responsibility to all UK retailers and main point of customer contact.
- Role had a strong technical bias and remit included product launches, allergen assessment, raw materials, quality assurance, benchmarking, audits and legal generation of specifications/artwork.
- Established and implemented procedures and controls required for a successful launch of new and revised products.
- Identified and implemented innovative process solutions and improvements to allow safe, consistent, quality production and reduced cost out of the business.
- Led business projects on raw material rationalisation, new equipment, dual supply, new technology and packaging.
Finsbury Food Group (FFG) - Development Account Manager - January 2011 – December 2012
- New business and business retention predominant focus of the role.
- Key customer relationship development and enhancement.
- Managed two major projects amounting to £3 million turnover in 15 months – new business in Morrison’s and ASDA.
Premier Foods, R F Brookes – Development Manager - Interim Contract - May 2010 - December 2010
- Interim role covering new product development for chilled ready meals and process initiatives.
Premier Foods, Avana Bakeries – Product & Process Technologist - March 2009 – April 2010
- Project management in technical department focusing on legal compliance of new product launches – M&S and Tesco, ambient cake and chilled desserts. Food safety improvement projects.
RHM Food Group, Rogerstone - NPD Technologist (Product, Process & Cost Reduction) - July 2006 –July 2008
- Customer facing technologist for M&S ensuring new product launches. Focus on technical compliance.
Food Engineering & Ingredients (Freelance Journalist) – 2007
- Consumer and industry focussed food industry articles on a variety of topics such as food additives in children’s food, food miles, and allergens.
Dawn Meats - Development Technologist (Product & Process) & Graduate Manager - January 2004 – July 2006
- A trainee technical management based position for a further processed meat product company.
University of Reading, Department of Agriculture, Research Assistant - September 2001 – September 2002
- Undertaking nutrition studies on beef cattle and sheep, and analysing the subsequent growth and hormonal patterns, and carcass/meat quality traits.