School Support Officer (Off-Campus Activities and Student Mobility)
Department: School Professional Services
Telephone: +44(0) 29 2020 5302
Working within Cardiff School of Management, I am responsible for managing of all off-campus activities and student mobility for staff and students travelling within the UK and overseas. I also support the wider business operations activity and lead on various projects within the school.
- Delivering a customer focused service with a wide range of stakeholders, including staff, students and international partners
- Planning, organising and delivering activity briefing sessions for staff and students involved in off-campus activities
- Lead and manage all visits including obtaining quotes, liaising with relevant Embassies regarding visa requirements, organising student payments in conjunction with the University i-zone
- Making all travel, accommodation and conference/programme arrangements for staff and students within the school
- Manage the reconciliation of activities (including mobility funded activities) and ensure expenditure is within the approved limits.
- Deputising for the Business Operations Officer in his/her absence.
I began working in Cardiff Metropolitan University in 2007, and prior to my current role, I was based within Student Services (5 years) as a Student Support Administrator. In this role, I gained experience in dealing with student funding queries, hardship advice and co-ordinating the Counselling Service where I developed an online system allowing students to access counselling without the restrictions of office hours. This online system resulted in a reduction in client waiting time and was used as a model for other services.
Previous to working within Student Services, I worked within the Accommodation Services (3 years) based at Plas Gwyn Halls of Residence dealing with accommodation queries and assisting the Halls Manager in daily operations.