The Travel Incentive Bursary is designed to assist with the travel costs associated with the attending an interview or applicant day at Cardiff Metropolitan University. This is a new award being piloted for 2020 entry, to help applicants with their travel expenses.
The award will be £10 for applicants travelling from eligible local destinations (local is defined as eligible postcodes beginning with CF, NP or SA), and £20 for those travelling from an eligible non-local destination.
Undergraduate students attending interview or an applicant day at Cardiff Metropolitan University in 2020 for entry in September 2020, and are in a low-participation neighbourhood (LPN) as defined by the Higher Education Funding Councils of either Wales or England, will be considered for the bursary.
You can check if you live in an LPN by using Cardiff Met's Criteria Checker which asks you to enter both your age and postcode.
To be considered, you must be applying to the university through UCAS as a new Cardiff Metropolitan University student entering a full-time undergraduate course at year one or foundation level
starting in September 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- This award is open to students living in areas that have low participation rates in higher education as defined by the Higher Education Funding Councils for either Wales (HEFCW) or England (HEFCE).
- You can check your eligibility by using the Cardiff Metropolitan Criteria Checker which asks you to enter both your age and postcode. Please use the address you have used/will use to register with Cardiff Metropolitan University to allow us to make an eligibility assessment.
- You must be attending an interview or applicant day at either our Llandaff or Cyncoed campus for September 2020 entry.
- You must be considering one or more full-time undergraduate course(s) at year one or foundation level starting in 2020.
- The award will be £10 for those travelling from eligible local destinations (local is defined as any eligible postcode beginning with CF, NP and SA) and £20 for those travelling from an eligible non-local destination.
- This bursary is only available for one visit to a Cardiff Metropolitan University campus, any subsequent visit, for whatever purpose, will not be eligible for the bursary.
- Award correspondence will be sent to the applicant email address registered with Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- The bursary payment will be provided in the form of a cheque and will be sent by post to the recipient following attendance at a defined interview or applicant day using the address registered with Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- We will assume the address submitted on your UCAS applicaiton is your current address, unless we are informed otherwise.
- This award is currently not applicable to the attendance of Open Days or any other visitor events held at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Deadline for applications for the award is the 31st August 2020.
How to apply
Once you have registered a place on an interview or applicant day, and checked your eligibility, please email email@example.com to submit your request for application. You will need to provide your full name, UCAS ID and the interview or applicant day you are attending.
If you are awarded the bursary, the payment will be posted to the correspondence address provided on your UCAS application. Please inform us if there have been any changes to your address.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for the award, contact us on
Please email any enquiries relating to Travel Incentive eligibility to
All correspondence regarding the award will be made by email, using the contact details provided in your application.
*Terms and conditions apply