About the Christmas Virtual Programme
You will develop cultural fluency and gain an insight into the professional world of the UK, Greater China, Vietnam & Mexico through a variety of channels.
The Christmas virtual programme is an entirely flexible 4-week virtual mobility programme with tangible benefits, whilst fitting around your Christmas festivities. The programme focuses on cultural fluency, digital skills and employability in a global context.
Christmas Virtual Programme Outline
- Access to over 70 pre-recorded events
- Extensive digital resources
- Ability to complete 4 separate Pagoda online courses
- Networking with a community of hundreds of participants using the Pagoda app
- Full support from the Pagoda Projects team throughout
As part of the programme, you will be partnered with a 'Cultural Mentor', who will help you to develop your cultural awareness and understanding of a new country.
- 1 hour per week –Cultural Mentor Communication: Arranged at a suitable time for you and the mentor.
- Skills Courses: Each of the 4 courses represents 8-10 hours of work, which can be completed at any time during the programme.
- Virtual Events: All of the virtual events will be made available for you to choose from and watch at a convenient time.
Cultural Mentor - How does it work?
You will be paired with a cultural mentor based on common interests/areas of study to schedule one audio or video call each week. Pagoda Projects will provide a specific themes each week (e.g. festivals/traditions, food music/arts etc.) to discuss and share knowledge/experiences in relation to individual home country culture.
You will be required to produce a weekly cultural blog sharing what you have learned with an inclusion of videos, pictures etc.
13th December 2021 to 7th January 2022
Who is eligible to apply?
Cardiff Met full time students are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to students from a widening participation background.
This is a fully funded programme via Go Bursary. You will however be asked to pay the programme fee of £450 plus a £50 refundable deposit to Pagoda Projects. You will receive your payment of £450 by Global Opportunities, once you begin the programme. Pagoda Projects will return the £50 refundable deposit at the end of the programme.
Funding is available via GO Bursary. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This really is a fantastic opportunity for you to receive a virtual global opportunity to assist with your cultural and employability skills.