The Fulbright Postgraduate Applications are now open! if you are looking to complete a postgraduate in the USA take a look at the following link for more information.
Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships | US-UK Fulbright Commission
To be eligible to apply for a Fulbright Award, applicants must:
- Be a UK citizen
- Applications from non-UK citizens based in the UK and committed to a life and career in the UK may also be considered. You will be required to follow these steps: Contact the Fulbright Commission/post in your home country to check if you are eligible to apply through them. You can submit an application to us only if your home Commission/post do not accept your application due to your residency in the UK. You will need to obtain a written confirmation (e.g., an e-mail) and upload it as part of your application to the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
- In addition to your passport copy, please provide evidence of your legal status in the UK (e.g., settled/pre-settled status, Indefinite Leave to Remain). Please note that we are unable to accept applications from non-UK citizens on a student visa.
- All non-UK nationals meeting the above criteria will be expected to demonstrate commitment to returning to the UK after their proposed academic study in the US. Please note that this will be assessed at the application review stage by reading panellists.
Dual US-UK citizens, US Green Card holders, or individuals who are resident in the US at the time of application are ineligible to apply.
Fulbright welcome candidates from British Overseas Territories.
- Hold or expect to attain an undergraduate degree with at least a 2:1 overall undergraduate result
- Fulbright may accept applications from individuals with a 2:2 overall result in some exceptional cases. If you have obtained a 2:2, in order to be considered, you must submit a form providing an explanation as to why you did not obtain a 2:1 and why you believe you would be a competitive applicant to the Fulbright programme. We will evaluate these applications separately and on a case by case basis will determine if the application will be included in the competition.
More information on what awards are available can be found by accessing the following link - Awards Available | US-UK Fulbright Commission
The deadline date to apply is the 2nd May 2023