Intake and Fees
Next Intake Start Dates:
18 November 2020 - 1DL11
February 2021 tbc
The course begins with 12 Induction and Research Methods online webinars which takes approximately 4 weeks.
The course content is made up of two parts and takes approximately one-ten months to complete. The first module is Research Methods (two months) followed by the Dissertation (five months), where the student will be required to submit an 8000 -10,000 word Dissertation on their chosen subject, preferably related to their line of work.
The Research Methods module introduces research as practised in business and management disciplines. Following satisfactory completion of the module, students will progress to the dissertation.
At the end of the Research Methods module, students should be able to:
• Interpret existing research as a prelude to carrying out further investigation and demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a range of research designs and their appropriate utilisation;
• Source, evaluate and appropriately reference information from a range of sources;
• Integrate the findings of existing research to ask a new research question;
• Engage in critical thinking when reading and comprehending research articles;
• Critically evaluate a range of quantitative and qualitative research paradigms;
• Conceptualise a problem; formulate a methodology, aim and objectives; design a research strategy, collect, analyse, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data as appropriate;
• Apply theoretical principles underlying descriptive and inferential statistics;
• Select and justify the most appropriate analyses, interpret the results, and write up the results accurately and completely;
• Develop a robust Research Proposal appropriate for an MBA Dissertation.
On successful completion of Research Methods, you will move onto the Dissertation, which provides an opportunity for an in-depth study of a topic relevant to management. It requires students to:
- Critically evaluate major schools of thought within relevant management theory.
- Translate theory into practice through the study of its application in the real world.
- Undertake empirical research in this area.
- Draw conclusions about the implications of the results for managerial decision-making, in particular strategic.
After completion of the dissertation, the student should be able to:
- Formulate research questions at a level appropriate for a Masters.
- Critically review the relevant literature.
- Select the most appropriate methodology for the collection of data, justifying that choice.
- Apply that methodology to collect primary or secondary data.
- Select a method of analysis appropriate to their research question, within the context of what is commensurate to Masters level.
- Present the results in a manner that is clear and comprehensive.
- Draw conclusions about the results for the conduct of management.
Entry Requirements and Procedures
Students wishing to join the course
must provide the following supporting documents:
- A Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma awarded by Edexcel, Athe or LRN (students need to submit both certificate and transcript on application)
- An Undergraduate Qualification Equivalent to UK Bachelors 2:2 or higher – work experience may be considered for candidates not meeting this requirement
- A High School Certificate
- A Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of Reference/Recommendation
- A Secure English Language Test: IELTS 6.0 (with 5.5 in all modules) or equivalent. Students already in the UK that do not meet this requirement are able to take the University's Password Test.
- A copy of your passport (and all UK visas where applicable)
In addition to the above requirements,
all applicants will be required to take a Skype interview with the Programme Director. Details of these arrangements will be sent subject to your successful application.
Our Approved Institutions
The MBA Advanced Entry Route is also delivered using blended delivery methods to graduates from the below approved institutions:
Westford University College are a well-respected educational facility based in the UAE who offer international students the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership. Our successful partnership with Westford College for the last 5 years has seen more than 750 students crossing over to the Cardiff Metropolitan MBA Advanced Entry programme.
iQualify UK is an established London based educational facility who are accredited by the Learning Resource Network to deliver the Level 7 Diploma in Business Management. With a team of experienced academics and skilled practioners, students are well equipped to join the Cardiff Metropolitan MBA Advanced Entry programme.
UK based Minerva Elite Performance offers students who are transitioning from the armed forces to complete the EDEXCEL Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership, the award is 120 credits which allows for progression to the Cardiff Metropolitan MBA Advanced Entry programme.
Frequently Asked Question and Contact Details
I don't have a Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma, am I still able to apply for the course?
Unfortunately, only students holding a Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma can apply for the MBA Advanced Entry Course. Other students may apply for the
full time MBA (Executive) programme.
I already have a Masters, can I use this towards the MBA Advanced
No, only a Post Graduate Diploma can be used towards the MBA Advanced Entry.
Will 'Advanced Entry' appear on my final MBA certificate?
No, the MBA Advanced Entry course is designed to give candidates exactly the same experience as Full Time MBA students, therefore your Cardiff Metropolitan Certificate will have ‘Master of Business Administration’, with no reference to the method in which it was obtained.
What is the difference between Online, Blended and Distance learning?
Many educational institutions use different terminology to explain these modes of study:
Online learning combines videos and materials given at the start of the course in order to complete at a time most suited to the students' needs.
Blended learning incorporates both face to face teaching and supported online learning through Moodle our Virtual Learning Environment as well as offering one to one supervisor support through the Dissertation.
Distance learning integrates interactive webinars plus online face to face sessions with a designated supervisor. Help and guidance is provided along the way plus supported online learning through Moodle our Virtual learning Environment.
Should you have additional questions not
answered here, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 029 2041 7178