provides support for the BSc (Hons) Sport Conditioning, Rehabilitation and
Massage (SCRaM), MSc Strength and Conditioning, and the MSc Sport
Rehabilitation courses at Cardiff Met University. Steph graduated from the
SCRaM degree programme in 2014 and then went on to obtain a Masters in Strength
and Conditioning. She is a an
accredited Strength and Conditioning
coach with the UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) and Certified
specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
To enhance her lecture support, Steph obtained a Postgraduate Certificate in
Teaching in Higher Education (PgCTHE) in 2019. Currently, Steph is undertaking
a PhD, investigating the effects of growth and maturation on weighting in
Moeskops, S., Oliver, JL. Read, PJ. Cronin, JB. Myer, JD. Haff, GH. Morris, SJ. and Lloyd, RS. (2019) The effects of a 12-week neuromuscular training intervention on isometric mid- thigh pull kinetics and drop jump performance in trained young female. Proceeding of the UKSCA's 12th Annual Conference, Double Tree by Hilton, Milton Keynes, June 2019.
Morris, S.J, Meyers, R.W, Cleather, D.J & Goodwin, J.E (2018) The Influence of Age and Maturation on Sprint Force Power Velocity Characteristics in Boys. Proceeding of the UKSCA's 11th Annual Conference, Double Tree by Hilton, Milton Keynes, August 2018.
Morris, S., Meyers, R.W., & Lloyd, R.S. (2014) The effects of concurrent strength and high-intensity interval training on indices of strength, power and endurance performance. Proceeding of the UKSCA's 10th Annual Conference, Chesford Grange, Warwickshire, July 2014.
Awarded best Poster presentation in conference.
Accredited member of the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA)
Member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
I have a passion for strength and conditioning. My previous experience includes intern roles with the Welsh Rugby union (WRU), Welsh Netball and Millfield School.
Current Professional Practice
- Welsh Rowing Strength & Conditioning coach
- Welsh Canoe Strength & Conditioning coach
- Lead Strength & Conditioning coach for the Youth Physical Development Centre (Cardiff Met) – Whitchurch Hockey and Welsh table tennis
- Cardiff Triathlon Strength & Conditioning coach
Previous Professional Practice
- Assistant S&C coach – Welsh Rowing (YPD Centre, 2016-2018)
- S&C Coach – Millfield School (Internship, 2014-2016)
- Youth S&C Coach- St.Ignatius College Preparatory, San Francisco (Summer Temp. Position, 2014)
- S&C coach – Welsh Netball (Internship, 2013-2014)
- S&C coach – Women's WRU (Internship, 2013-2014)