Book an appointment
To get started, complete our Disability, Wellbeing and Counselling form.
Once you have registered, you will recieve information about how to book an appointment.
Prospective students - if you have applied to Cardiff Met or are considering applying, please
contact us to arrange a meeting.
You can also book face to face appointments though the i-zone. i-zone staff can also show you how to book appointments online if you are unsure how to do this.
We support with a range of conditions, including:
- sensory impairments
- mobility impairments
- long term health conditions.
Autism spectrum conditions
Our advisors will work with you to develop a support package that addresses the particular challenges you may encounter during your studies.
These may include:
- social communication and interaction with other students and staff
- knowing what is expected of you by your course and the university
- managing the change to university life and adjusting to new routines
- organisation, orientation and academic skills
- motivation for things which don't seem relevant or of interest
- sensitivity to environmental factors like light, noise, smell, taste and temperature
It is important to let your advisor know if you have any further diagnoses so that they can discuss additional support with you.
Dyslexia and Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD)
We provide help and support for students with specific learning difficulties including dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia/DCD and attention deficit disorder.
To get started, complete our Disability, Wellbeing and Counselling form. We can assist you with the whole process of obtaining the support you need for:
- dyslexia/SpLD Screening
- dyslexia/SpLD Assessment
- visual difficulty (Discomfort and Visual Disturbance)
- applying for your Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)
- Specialist 1:1 Study Skills Support (SpLD and AS).