Shape Your Future is a new initiative designed to support student’s skills development and highlights all the extra-curricular opportunities Cardiff Met has to offer in order for students to enhance their skills and gain experience alongside their academic studies.
Shape Your Future hosts a wealth of relevant and valuable internal and external resources, activities events, workshops and opportunities. By engaging with Shape Your Future, students can develop confidence in many areas, which will ultimately help secure their graduate role.
With Shape Your Future students can:
- Explore and refine careers options
- Make the most of the wealth of extra-curricular opportunities available
- Enhance their skill set, increasing chances when competing for future roles and opportunities
- Improve key transferable skills sought by employers across all sectors
- Prepare for the graduate world of work or further study
Prestigious Local and National employer partners have been instrumental in identifying the following eight Shape Your Future skills:
- Problem Solving
- Career Management
- Digital Skills
- Personal Branding
All events, resources and activities hosted on Shape Your Future will look to strengthen at least of one the above skills for students.
The platform is utilised by staff including Personal Tutors, Lecturers, and Careers Consultants, assisting in conversations relating to Careers, Employability and transferable skills, with some courses already embedding it into the curriculum.