Shape Your Future is a new programme that will help you:
- explore options for your future
- plan ahead to make the most of extra-curricular opportunities available to you
- enhance your employability skills so you can compete to get your dream job or future opportunity.
How it works
Shape Your Future is made up of three stages:
You’ll take part in each stage during your three years of study. You can start on any of the stages and we suggest you have a look through all the stages first to see what is available and suited to your current level of skills development.
The Shape Your Future programme brings together workshops and webinars, skill-building resources, and opportunities that can help you develop your employability and *Shape Your Future*.
This might be anything from:
- a CV writing webinar
- a career options personality quiz
- a study skills e-module
- opportunities to volunteer or study abroad
1st year students generally start with Explore:
Here you will begin to:
- consider your options for the future
- explore what drives and motivates you
- try new things and make the most of the opportunities available to you
You will also look to make the most of your summer in gaining new skills and undertaking exciting opportunities.
Login to MetHub to start the Explore stage
2nd year students may want to focus on the Plan stage:
Here you will start to:
- refine your career options
- develop new skills and enhance existing ones
We suggest undertaking a work placement opportunity to put these skills into practice and gain valuable experience to boost your CV.
Login to MetHub to start the Plan stage
Final year students can get ready to graduate and finish the programme with Compete.
As you near the start of your next exciting chapter, this stage will help you to:
- hone employability skills
- prepare you for the graduate world of work or further study
You will learn how to express your skills in the best possible way to secure your dream opportunity.
Login to MetHub to start the Compete stage
Soon we will be launching a new online platform for Shape Your Future.
You can use this to:
- track your Shape your Future journey
- access all of the great Shape Your Future resources in one place
- understand how your skills are developing
- get a record of the extra activities you’ve completed during your three years at Cardiff Met
Until the Shape Your Future platform is ready, we’ve put all of the resources you’ll need for each stage in one handy place – MetHub!
Start the Explore stage
Start the Plan stage
Start the Compete stage
We can’t wait for you to see the new Shape Your Future platform. In the meantime, take a look at the resource pages above. Remember, it’s never too late (or early!) to start exploring, planning and competing for your future.
The Shape Your Future team will be happy to answer any questions you’ve got!
Drop us an email at
You can also speak to your Personal Tutor, who can help you get started with the programme.