A call for EU METALIC II scholarship extensions has been opened. Are you current or past EU METALIC II scholar and would like to extend your scholarship?
The call for extension will be open from Monday 9th January 2017 to 22nd January 2017 23:59 GMT. If you wish to apply please read carefully the below instructions and make sure you submit all mandatory documents.
Are you eligible to apply?
1) You must discuss your application for an extension with your academic supervisor as to whether it is advisable and academically beneficial.
2) To be eligible you must have already taken part in your scholarship or not yet have commenced mobility. Please note that if you have already finished or not yet commenced mobility, you must provide a statement approved by the host university that confirms the objectives and planned outcome of an extended scholarship.
3) No mobility may be extended beyond 14th July 2017.
4) You must be still enrolled/registered at the same level (e.g. post-doc, doctorate, etc.) as you have been nominated for under EU METALIC II.
5) Your final mobility duration must not exceed the duration limitations as indicated below
|Type of mobility||Mobility Duration|
|Undergraduate||1 academic semester – 10 months |
|Master||1 academic semester – 24 months|
|Doctorate||6 – 36 months|
|Post-doctorate||6 – 10 months|
|Staff ||1 – 3 months|
If you are eligible and interested in applying for an extension, please carry out the following:
1) Complete the "EU METALIC II – Request for scholarship extension form". We strongly recommend you to substantiate your arguments, give reasons why you wish to apply for an extension and what benefits it will bring to the host/home institution and your career. Vague motivation letters will have less chance to succeed.
2) Obtain a recommendation letter from your academic supervisor at the host university.
3) Obtain a home university support letter (no template) signed by the academic coordinator as well as EU METALIC II coordinator – applicable for Target Group 1 only!
4) Submit all documents to the Host University EU METALIC II contact person by 22nd January 2017. All documents must be in English.
Please note that the scholars who already finished their mobility will be responsible for the travel arrangements and costs involved (flight, visa, etc.), the project will cover subsistence allowances and insurance cost only. The scholars who are currently mobilizing and hold a return flight ticket will be required to re-schedule their flight at their own expense.
Scholarship extension requests will be evaluated and allocated based on academic merit and will be subject to funds available.
We wish you the best of luck!