I lecture in law on the BSc/HND/HNC Health & Social Care, MA Specialist Journalism and MSc Sport Broadcast programmes at Cardiff Metropolitan University. I am also a dissertation supervisor. I previously lectured on the Consumer & Trading Standards degree which was delivered by the university; this experience was the catalyst for my PhD. Before becoming a lecturer, I practised as a solicitor working in private practise, the Crown Prosecution Service, the Welsh Office, and the National Assembly for Wales; I still hold solicitor status but am currently non-practising.
* PhD, A Critique of Trading Standards in Wales – Post-devolution Developments and Prognosis, Cardiff Metropolitan University, 2020
* Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PCET), University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, 2005
* Solicitor, 1983
* Solicitors' Final Examination, 1981
* LLB (Hons), University of Bristol, 1980
Stemming from my PhD, my research interests include the role of the local authority in social justice and how human rights can be more effectively embedded in the application of social policy within Wales. I also have a particular interest in devolution, constitutional law, consumer law, and media law and regulation.
* Evans H, 'Ever Increasing Burdens' in TS Today, (Chartered Trading Standards Institute, 127/2, February 2018).
* Evans H, Dret I Legitimitat: La Negacio De La Veu Catalana. (Jordi Vilanova I Karlsson tr, Fundacio Josep Irla, 2014).
* Evans H, Law and Legitimacy: the Denial of the Catalan Voice, (Centre Maurits Coppieters, 2013).
* Evans H, 'Do We Need an all-Wales Police Force?' in Planet: the Welsh Internationalist, (Berw, 210, Summer 2013).
* Evans H, 'New Kids on the Enforcement Block' in TS Today, (Trading Standards Institute, 121/12, December 2012).
* Evans H, 'Scambusters in Welsh', Click-on-Wales (online, 4 August 2011).
* Evans H and Reniu JM, Challenges for EU Multilevel Governance, (podcast, European Parliament, 18 June 2013). Available at: http://vimeo.com/69239341
* Evans H, 'Making Devolution Work' in Planet: the Welsh Internationalist, (Berw, 164, April/May 2004).
Association of Law Teachers: Member
Chartered Trading Standards Institute: Affiliate Member
Gorwel: Management Board Member
Higher Education Academy: Fellow
Law Society: Member
Solicitors Regulation Authority: Solicitor (Non–Practising)