Position: Senior Lecturer and Programme Director (BSc Psychology)
School: Cardiff School of Sport and Health Sciences
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2020 5975
Room No: D3.15
Teaching and Supervision
- Professional and Interprofessional Development 1 (Pathway Lead)
- Professional and Interprofessional Development 2 (Pathway Lead)
- Contemporary Issues
- Placement Supervision
- BSc Psychology - Final Year Project Supervision
- MSc Health Psychology - Dissertation Supervision
Research Degree Supervision
- In progress: Aisling Pigott, Turning the T1DE (TT1DE) in Paediatric Diabetes Care: The development of an intervention to prevent disordered eating behaviours in paediatric diabetes care.
- Completed: Jen Ward, Positive Psychology intervention in a community pharmacy setting (KESS2 funded)
- James, D. H., Rapado, R., Brown, S. L., Kember, J., Hodson, K. L., & Prior, A.-L. (2023). Development of a Questionnaire to Measure Public Perceptions of the Role of Community Pharmacy in Public Health (PubPharmQ). Pharmacy, 11(5), 141. https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmacy11050141
- Ward, J. L., Sparkes, A., Ricketts, M., Hewlett, P., Prior, A. L., Hallingberg, B., & James, D. H. (2023). Development of a Positive Psychology Well-Being Intervention in a Community Pharmacy Setting. Pharmacy, 11(1), 14.
- Prior, A. L., Woodward, D., Hoefkens, T., Clayton, D., Thirlaway, K., & Limbert, C. (2018). Telephone helplines as a source of support for eating disorders: Service user, carer, and health professional perspectives. Eating disorders, 26(2), 164-184.
- Prior, A-L., Limbert, C. (2013) Adolescents’ Perceptions and Experiences of Family Meals. Journal of Child Health Care, 17 (4) 354-365.
- Prior, A-L., Limbert, C., Thirlaway, K., Clayton, D., Woodward, D., Hoefkens, T. (2015) Evaluation of support for Eating Disorders (EDs): How well used are telephone helplines and why? 29th Annual Conference for the European Health Psychology Society.
- Prior, A-L., Limbert, C., Thirlaway, K., Clayton, D., Woodward, D., Hoefkens, T. (2013) Service User Views and Usage of Telephone Helplines and Related Services. 11th International London Eating Disorders Conference.
- Prior, A-L., Limbert, C., Thirlaway, K., Clayton, D., Woodward, D., Hoefkens, T. (2012) Support for People with Eating Disorders: Telephone Helpline Services. Eating Disorders Alpbach 2012. The 20th International Conference.
- Prior, A-L., Limbert, C. (2012) An Investigation into Telephone Helplines for People with Anorexia Nervosa. 25th Annual Conference for the European Health Psychology Society.
- Prior, A-L., Limbert, C., Smith, A. (2011) Predictive
Factors of Family Meal Frequency in Adolescents. 25th Annual
Conference for the European Health Psychology Society.
Amie is the Programme Director for the BSc (Hons) Psychology programme. She is also a Chartered Psychologist, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and moderator for the BSc Psychology franchise programme in City Unity College (Athens).